6 weeks post up check up

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share some good news! I had my check up today at 6 weeks post op rectocele and anterior. My consultant was delighted with her handiwork, said it had all gone very well and that at 45 after two pregnancies I now have the vagina of a 20 year old! I was both amazed and delighted. I am still feeling exhausted every day and hardly do a thing. I also still feel swollen. She said both of these are completely normal after a major op. She also said to keep taking it easy and listen to your body and rest when not feeling so good. She also encouraged me to get out and be active within my capabilities. That's it really. I just wanted to let you know that even if you feel rubbish chances are it's probably all going to be ok, but take it easy and remember it's a marathon not a sprint! X

6 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jobobo,

Love your description of recovery - " it's a marathon not a sprint " - so appropriate.

What we need is a urogynocology leaflet that explains to us as patients, our families and employers just how major this surgery really is.

Happy to hear how well your recovery is going and glad to hear your consultant is looking after you.

Phyl x ?💕

• Posted

Hi Phyl, haha glad you liked it! Certainly feel like I've run a marathon, though cannot imagine anything worse!

It would be so helpful to have something like that. To reassure us and like you say help other people understand. So much easier to have. Broken leg! People can relate to that! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.