60 and still suffering

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi i am 60 and still suffering most days i feel horrible just dont feel right i still get hot flushes and have trouble sleeping are any of you older ladies like me suffering x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi Carol - Yes, i am - i am 62 & in the last year i have battled extreme achiness that came on overnight - i still have burning sensations, tingling & every once in awhile the zapping and electric shock sensation. My sleep is better, in fact i wake up feeling drugged when i havent taken anything & that is so different from before when i could barely sleep 5 hours straight - my hot flashes seem less, but my burning in my back & legs fairly constant @ night - my anxiety & indigestion seems less but maybe i just know how to deal with it now - i do now have a light sensitivity and feel like i can get a migraine on a moments notice, but my biggest issue right now is my trouble walking because my aches are so tough - & all the oil has left my body...i have aged a lot in one year - oh & itchy dry scalp which i never ever had before -

• Posted

Hi sorry things are not good .I am 4 years post menopause and it seems one thing after another .Still get hot flushes on and off and sleep can be terrible at times being awake till 3 In the morning at times .Different parts of my body ache most of the time feet lower back shoulders etc .I suffer with anxiety especially over my health .At the moment I am having stomach issues .Windy gurgling stomach bloated and upset tummy most days .This then kicks in my worry and I am going round and round feeling awful x Please take care we must all help each other .

• Posted

Hi Carol, I'm nearly 59 and I'm still suffering, my anxiety level is high and I still suffer from mood swings and at the moment itchy skin is driving me mad!! When will it all stop? Take care xx

• Posted

Please consider having your Vitamin B12 levels tested, sublingual B12 daily and injections to boost your levels will make a huge difference.

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I'm 55 and post menopausal, feel like a grandmother of this forum!

My peri, menopause & post meno have been very rough. If I do fall asleep I wake up with soaking wet sheets, however most nites I have difficulty settling down.

Two years ago my anxiety & fears became out of control, I lost a lot of weight-visited every Dr. because I was sure I was gravely ill.

I isolated myself from long time friends who after several attempts to see me stopped contacting me, I couldn't leave my home-I was emotionally crippled. I'm blessed my husband was & continues to be very supportive, as have our grown children.

Thankfully I'm presently doing much better,

don't get me wrong, bad days can still creep up. I believe what saved me was the business my husband & I own, I believe thinking about someone else & something else besides myself makes me stronger.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring,

but for now I'm just taking it one day at a time......

Hope you know you're not alone.

Here to listen, XO

• Posted

omg yesss! I am also 60...have many symptoms. I am also still having mini flows...periodically...no pun intended.

I have had bloodwork n tests like hysteroscopy . Thank God all is fine. Mom n older sisters stopped between ages of 58-60.

Symptoms are awful...i feel cold now but will be on fire within the hour.

• Posted

Thank you ladies for your replies its made me feel so much better to know i’m not alone . lots of love to you all lets hope the new year will be better for all of us xxx

• Edited

Hi Carol

I am 58 and I have many symptoms popping up now..

last year I mostly had palpitations, hot flushes and some shortness of breath.... this year I have developed aches and pains, burning, numbness , anxiety, upset tummy and other things... Yuck it all sucks... so yes you are not alone in this.

I have been post meno for about 10 years plus!! And now it has really started .... eish...

Sending hugs

Tams

• Posted

hate to say it because we are all

suffering, but i am relieved to hear other people who have even worse symptoms post meno . i am 60, stopped having periods at 51, but started getting new and worse

symptoms just 2 years ago . i have lots of strange all over nerve pain- pins & needles, electric zaps, shocks, prickling and also burning mouth . i have seen multiple doctors and had every test in the world. the diagnosis was it was anxiety. But now i know it is hormonal. only one out of

the 10 drs I saw even suggested that was a possibility. Just started BHRT which has me a little nervous because

of my age but I have to give it a try because I have no quality of life at the moment. I hope the rest of you find some relief. This crap they feed us about our bodies "adjusting" once we

are post is just a load of crap for a lot of us!

• Posted

Hello all,

I too am grateful you have all come to this site. I have been post meno for 5 years and really thought things should be calming down but they tend to shift and change keeping the health anxiety going strong. I have migraines that come every other day for two week durations in a month, stomach issues, strange bouts/shifts that feel like low blood sugar or some shift in my system. I am currently dealing with a frozen shoulder they have attributed to loss of estrogen as well. I never know what the day will bring and that makes it hard to plan and get out more freely. Hoping for a better tomorrow, I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.