6wk check after FKR- now a MUA in 10 days time!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have attended my 6 week check at the ROH, Birmingham UK.  We were told that the clinic was running 2hrs 20mins late and we could rebook - I did for 24/6/2015.  Wanted a quick word with the nurse about accessing physio to help with my bend and was told to phone consultants secretary - this was overheard by consultant who called me in.   He took a look at my knee and said that I needed a MUA!  Wasnt I lucky he had overheard the conversation because there is only a 2week window for this op after that my leg would be permanently as it is now.

I feel so down but am becoming determined that I can't get stuck like this.  As he said this is my last chance to get my leg/knee right.  I've come home and exercising to strengthen my muscles.   Bought a dyna band and cryio-therapy machine from ebay and looking at CPM hire!   Is there anything else I can do?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lynn. Had my. TKR 5 weeks ago on the Nhs in Essex. Only get two physio appointments one at two weeks post op and another at six weeks. I used a CPM machine in hospital before discharged but hated it, felt like torture. Finally got the bend by myself. Maintaining 90° bend with a struggle and straight about 3°. Wishing you well.
    • Posted

Hi Tracy - have you read Caroline's post about 'deep tissue massage' and 'cupping'?   Perhaps these would help you?

Good luck with your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.