6wks post op anterior and posterior prolapse

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.Post op 6wks now for a/p prolapse. Really fed up and depressed with it all today! ! Walked couple days ago and as i got out of car felt like everything hanging out and dragging. Obviously only a sensation as it wasn't. Sitting is just not comfy. I try for a while. Bought a ring to try sitting on. Useless. I lie down for comfort a lot. I have been told no follow up appointment either. Had infection at 3wks that is now cleared up. Anyone else still struggling.

Many thanks. Jill

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jill, yes I'm still struggling too with good days and bad. I'm 7 1/2 weeks post op TVT & posterior repair with mesh. And yes it can get you down at times. All we can do is give it more time and rest when possible. I'm still taking regular pain killers and laxatives which takes the edge of the pain.
    • Posted

What is TVT?  Is your mesh causing any problems?

My doc said that at certain points where it is attached is where I'm having the pain.  He said something about scar tissue.  I don't know...

• Posted

TVT...Tension-free Vaginal Tape... to help the bladder. I had this in addition to the posterior repair although I still have my doubts about it but hey ho it is done now.

Yes I think it is the mesh area that gives me most problems. My surgeon said it was because it is close to the nerves and so I'll continue to get nerve pain for a few week sad

• Posted

^ weeks post op and feeling good...had post op appointment yesterday and all healed up. Had sex last night and was great...little sore but used organic coconut oil to massage area and lubricate. Overal real happy with posterior and perineal repair.

Had a great surgeon Dr Pelosi in new jersey. Im fixed! So happy. Hang in there ladies.

• Posted

Dear Jlls,

I was told not to use a ring as it would actually not give that part any support - sort of like allowing gravity to work too much.  Because you've had an infection it's probably delayed your progress.  Did they tell you to use cold packs?  It helped me some, also to sit in a bath with epsom salt in the water.

I cancelled my third post-op - my healing may be slower than most - had the mesh put in to repair the rectocele, which is causing pain.  (I think the doc may have mis-measured me ?) So... I can sit and "scoot" without pain now. But I'm 6 months out and still no intercourse.  I've just ordered a vaginal dilator and am hoping on my own that I can make it work.  I don't want to discourage you - hang in there - at 3 months you'll probably be a lot better!

• Posted

Thanks. As no gynae follow up I am grateful for any advice and support. Hope u are recovering well. Xx

• Posted

I was also told that the foam ring cushion wasn't good but I still got one because i was desperate for something to help with the pain when sitting. Now I take it everywhere! I just throw it in a big beach bag. Otherwise I just can't sit down for too long without more pain.
  • Posted

It's only 15 days since my op, but I too have the feeling that something is coming down far worse than before op. I've also still got brown discharge.
    • Posted

My post op appointment is 3 months after op.
    • Posted

I had brown discharge few weeks then went more watery. I lay on a towel at night to give my body a rest from pants and liners till about week 4 . Walked half hr today with sloggi pants which feel like more support and trousers on but not fastened at all but folded open. Was all ok but this evening back passage feels aching. Pulling and weighted. I am so pleased to find others to talk to on here. .Hope u feel better soon.
    • Posted

3mths for post op appointment must mean they expect it to take that long. Are u in UK. I am. Was told no follow up.
    • Posted

I know it's reassuring to know others are experiencing same problems. It's so itchy and sore wearing pads all the time.
    • Posted

Gillian,

I think the brown is because the bleeding is leveling off.  I remember having my periods - it would go from bright red to brownish before it stopped.  My bleeding post-surgery (with mesh) took about 5-6 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.