6wks post op anterior and posterior prolapse

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.Post op 6wks now for a/p prolapse. Really fed up and depressed with it all today! ! Walked couple days ago and as i got out of car felt like everything hanging out and dragging. Obviously only a sensation as it wasn't. Sitting is just not comfy. I try for a while. Bought a ring to try sitting on. Useless. I lie down for comfort a lot. I have been told no follow up appointment either. Had infection at 3wks that is now cleared up. Anyone else still struggling.

Many thanks. Jill

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had to sit on one butt cheek or the other for a long time.  Crossed my legs and leaned left or right...
  • Posted

Yes I'm in UK. I've been given my appointment in October already. I thank God for the NHS. So glad I'm British. Imagine having to pay for health care!
  • Posted

This is great.  First discussion with mesh mentioned. I also have the mesh.  Tuesday will be 11 weeks for me.  I am planning on the 6 month recovery just because I don't want to be depressed.  My husband has been great but we just sold our house and stressful.  Packing and not lifting and trying to rest each afternoon.  Feel really good in the morning and not so good afternoons.
    • Posted

Smart of you to count on at least 6 months.  Not quite as smart to be moving this soon after surgery, but hey, we don't always have control over these things.  Hope you've been able to rest.

For any of you who have been following and/or have a problems with your surgery resulting in being too "tight"...I finally got a dilator set and am trying to use it.  A bit awkward and some painful.  I apply a numbing cream first so it helps.  

If anyone else has had to use a dilator set, please share your experiences.  I need some encouragement.  We're going away for our anniversary in a month...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.