7.5 Mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was put on 7.5 Mirtazapine for 2 months due to anxiety and no sleep, my Gp took me off because I was alot better and I also am going to Cbt counseling. I lasted 31 days off but week 4 and the start of week 5 got really bad. My Gp said it wasn't withdtawal , so he put me back on it 7.5 for a month then said I could get off it again, it's been 2 weeks on it now, last time he told me to take 3.75 for 5 days then quit which I did, but it didn't work, in 2 weeks I will try again, any advice would be helpful, was it withdrawal that late in the game, what should I expect the next time, only will be taking 7.5 for 4 or 5 weeks, thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well you are doing ok Mark. From what I have read of the withdrawals you are doing very well.

Good Luck

Kim

• Posted

thanks. I will be trying to get off in 2 or 3 weeks, just hoping I can do it this time.
  • Posted

I went to work, took a zofran an hour before lunch, and phenergan and melatonin for sleep, and phenergan is also good for anxiety, it’s an off label use, but can help for your future reference while your tapering. Here is a plan for you, after 2 years on 30mg (high dose) my dr told me to go to 15mg, I didn’t even feel that drop, remeron stopped working in may of last year, dr put me back up to 30mg didn’t work, so I came back down to 15mg 2 weeks later no I’ll effects, my primary care dr wanted me off it completely, and I feel so much better than on it, so if your on 30mg and 25mg is to much of a drop for you, then drop 7.5mg for 2 to 3 weeks, during these weeks, drink tons of water, remeron is eliminated by urine waste, and working out is a plus for it relieves stress and releases dopamine into the brain, and helps with sleep, get a non drowsy anti nausea medication for the day, but if anxiety is to high, take a 6.25mg of phernergan it will help with anxiety and nausea, anymore than that will make you sleepy, stay off the internet and obsessing over your withdrawals, it will only make anxiety higher. When your brain and body adapt to the lower dosage, taper again, but keep using these steps and especially drinking tons of water, working out, mostly  cardio is an extreme plus. Do not use sleeping pills, benzos, ambien (etc) to replace your withdrawal symptoms, you will only be replacing this drug with another to get off later. I am proscribed all the drugs above for Gad and panic disorder.  Keep your mind on positive things, read the Bible, pray, and have the determination to get off this drug, don’t search for people with horrible trouble coming off, because it will rise your anxiety, like I said before if you don’t take meds for like a cold then you’ll get the full blown effect of the cold, just like with withdrawals if you don’t take medicine to help with the withdrawals then it can become unbearable. Everyone’s body is different, but doesn’t mean you can’t do it! Be motovitvated and stay strong! God bless.
  • Posted

I copied that, I withdrawaled from 15mg after 12 years in 4 weeks wasn’t hard just don’t read online stories or listen to people who say withdrawals will last forever. 
    • Posted

thanks Kim, good advice, like I said I'm only on 7.5 mg mirtazapine, first time on 2 months then taper to 3.75 for 5 days and off, I made it for 31 days , then it got bad and doc wants be on 7.5 mg for 1 month to stablize then taper off again, I am just worried about the withdrawal, I haven't been on it long and a low dose so I am hoping I can do it the second try

• Posted

2 months is a very short time r u sure it wasn’t your oringinal anxiety coming back? You should feel better within 2 weeks 
    • Posted

I thought it was withdrawal but the doctor thought it was anxiety, I was doing good after 2 months on it, week 4 and week 5 after quitting is when things got bad he said it couldn't be withdrawal. so that is why I'm back on them he said 1 month and then taper off again. I had some personal issues week 4 and 5 too, that was causing some stress, but I took care of it so that is gone, it's hard for me to know if it's a relaspe or withdrawal after quitting, can't seem to find any withdrawal timelines anywhere, some say months but for using only 7.5 for 2 months then off 1 month, then back on 1 month how long should withdrawal be for me

• Posted

Dude you haven’t been on it long enough reallly to have withdrawals I was on it for 12 years I withdrawaled for 4 weeks then done just insomnia sticks around and appetite goes down but 7.5 is low man no lie and on here your going to get negative feedback like your brain is damaged and stuff when it isn’t, the best thing to do is go at your own pace and drink tons of water workout and make sure your getting enough to sleep, remeron saved my life from extreme anxiety but after 11 years it stopped and I can’t off of it if your not experiencing anything but anxiety then it may be may be a little bit of withdrawals but it will go away but people on here will tell u it will last for years which is impossible and you don’t need that on your mind. 
    • Posted

thank you, that's what I will do, good advice, I'm also doing CBT counseling, the reason why my doctor only keeps me on for such a short time is because he feels that 7.5 is so low of dose that it can't be doing much for my anxiety anyways he said 15 mg is the lowest dose for helping anxiety says it used mainly for sleeping at the 7.5 dose. But I think it helps my anxiety.

• Posted

Thanks again, I'm just going to take the med and not worry about the withdrawal. Going to listen to my doctor and CBT counselor, you really helped me, God Bless you too

• Posted

No problem buddy, def listen to your dr and therapist, I do cpt as well, but on here you will see a big fight from me and people who start posting negative stuff to scare you or put you in the wrong state of mind, if you ever decide to come off it you may not even have withdrawals, I cold turkey 2mg of klonopin one time and didn’t have any withdrawals, I truthfully didn’t know about withdrawals until I searched google, and got nothing but horror stories, well I posted a positive story coming off this drug and got bashed for using klonopin zofran and phenergan  to counteract the withdrawals, huge fight, but if you ever need my help buddy just pm me, God bless you too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.