7.5 to 5 mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Currently going from 10, to 7.5, to 5mg. If I try to go off, 2.5, to 0 what will happen? Currently having some anxiety on 7.5, none yesterday, doing 7.5 for a wk, then down to 5. Anybody have any advice?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Take it slow, much slower than you intend. If you are coming off, to be anti depressant free, you should be thinking about staying on each reduced dose for approx 1 month, so you can stabalise. You feel a bit anxious going to 7.5mg, so you should stay on that unhil you consistantly feel good, probably about 4 weeks. If you rush it, you could end up worse than you were on 10mg.
    • Posted

Just trying to get to 5mg. Want to stabilize on 5. 10 was way too much. Anxiety on 7.5 comes and goes. None yesterday, more today. Will it do that til I stabilize?
    • Posted

Yes, it will do that until you stabalise. 10mg isnt a large dose. What made you think it was too much?
    • Posted

The side effects and anxiety were overwhelming, the dizziness was incapacitating. Too much for me. Can I drop to 5 in 2 wks instead of a month? Haven't felt much from drop to 7.5 except anxiety up and down. Had a couple of days with no anxiety, but I'm also on benzos. Also, had frequent urination as a side effect, so I have to drop to 5 to get rid of that.

• Posted

Okay. You want advice from lois really. How long were you on 10mg?
    • Posted

Purely a guess, you are probably right with a week, if you didnt feel good on 10mg, during the 7 weeks.
  • Posted

If you give details of how long you have been cit, what doses, and how they made you feel, ie better or worse, then lois would be best to advise you.
    • Posted

I did. She told me what to do. Going to stay at 7.5 longer before I drop to5.
  • Posted

Nancy, go slowly. I know you wanna get to 5, but only a week at 7.5 is likely gonna mess your nervous system up and cause withdrawals. You need to stabilise at a dose, minimum 4 weeks xxx
  • Posted

Hi Nancy, I know you want to get off these quick, try and wait for your brain and nervous system to settle first, I have read many times on here of delayed withdrawal symptoms. The doctor can give you something to help with dizziness that does not interact with cita. unfortunately increased anxiety is normal and will settle with time.
    • Posted

Hello, yes but not as bad as they were. Am on 16mg now, yay! My determination is back, will go with whatever happens, am tearful, but not frustrated anymore my taper is quicker than planned, but figured I am already suffering so what the heck. Will wait until I settle until the next one.
    • Posted

So it's normal for the anxiety to go up when you lower your dose? For how long? I'm going to take your advice and go 4 wks at 7.5. I'm just anxious to get to 5. Will I go through the same thing at 5mg too?

• Posted

I'm on 3 mg of lorazapam, going to finally go up to 4. Been trying to hold it at 3, but it's not working. The doc wanted me to go up to 4 anyway a wk ago. I just hate to increase it. Guess I have no choice at this point. Would you do the,same thing?

• Posted

Nancy, this can affect people differently, its best to settle on your existing dose before reducing, try and go with it, easier said I know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.