7 days post op - pains returned ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

7 days post op and have gnawing stomach ache and back shoulder pain , stone left behind or normal ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Awww Rachel give yourself time love you have had a major operation with people messing you around on a very hard operating table. It took me at least 3 weeks to feel pain free but if your worried go and see you GP and he will put your mind at ease. Sandy xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind reply .  I am just worrying a rogue gall stone has been left behind .  Have been so poorly . Lost 4 stone in as many months and am impatient to be well ! I will have to be more  patient it seems  and give myself time to adjust .  Just having replies has reassured me . Thank you . 
    • Posted

Oh it's very understandable that your feeling like this but I am sure there is nothing to worry about love try not to stress too much that can make you feel poorly. Take care let me know how you go on ok? XXXX

• Posted

Shoulder pain is normal just walk as much you can, pain related to remaining gas doctor fill during operation , some amount might stay and should go by time...

To make the recovery faster and finish from this gas just walk we all have this

Good luck in you recovery

• Posted

I  would say probably normal.  I am in my sixth week after surgery and until this week had had no pain free days.  Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.