7 months

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have been in this group for around 7 months or since I started Celexa. I've always delt with anxiety since I was 16 but it was tolerable nothing horrible. I turned 31 years old and out of nowhere I was hit by frequent daily panic attacks and not being able to breathe. I have been to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack. Tests after test after test nothing was wrong I'm perfectly healthy they say. I went to my doctor and told him my issue and he suggested Celexa for anxiety. After about a week my panic attacks disappeared and heaven't had one since. I was started off at 20mg. After about a month on 20mg I couldn't take the side effects they were too brutal. I dropped my mg by breaking my pills in half to 10mg. Delt with withdraw symptoms for about 4 days. I kept asking myself if it's worth it, I was told keep going and push through. After about 3 months I noticed the odd random symptoms start to fade away slowly. Every now and then I have a blip where it lasts a day or two but it goes away and I can handle it. I am at 7 months and I hit that point of yes I am back to myself. I'm happy. Celexa is my miracle.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

good to hear your on the right road to recovery, aint it amazing, keep in mind you will still have blips but its part of the healing process, i too have been there with months of terrible horrendous side effects of this med, nearly 3 years ago, it was worth every second of it, but when you're going through the rough times you dought everything and you don't know how great your going to feel if you whether the storm, well done.

• Posted

Hi William,well done ,you have managed to control yourself by using Citrolopram .The old story is if you take the medication and try to help yourself it will work in the end

• Posted

My story is the same as yours William. Dealt with anxiety on and off since my early teens but I always used herbal remedies that helped and it would pass, until July last year!! My panic attacks came out of nowhere too as well as exhausting anxiety, racing thoughts, feeling of losing my mind almost. Only difference is I had to up mine from 20-30mg with a small window of side effects.

The meds have helped me get back to a better place. I still get bouts of anxiety but like you I manage it and it doesn't take control. Long may this last for us 😃

• Posted

Hi William,

Thank you for sharing your great recovery. it's really a lift for me. I also feel its a miracle drug. It took me 7-8 months also to recover. It was not easy. I had every symptom and then some. I started it 2/24/18 and I'm at 10mg. Stay with it. Keep me posted of how you are.

Will

• Posted

That is great to hear that it has worked for you, and that you came to share that. So many people come to these forums just looking for something positive to keep going and it's posts like this that could help so many others.

I myself am still early into it, almost 11 weeks in (5 weeks at 10mg and going on 6 weeks of 20mg) . So, I do find comfort in these posts.

Thank You!

• Posted

Glad that it's working for you.

Have been on Celexa since September (20mg for 2 and 1/2 months, and then now 30mg since late November).

However still don't feel at peak with it, and have the bad moment or so here and there.

I assume I'm still 'under the process' with this and it can still take some more time still to imprive more?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.