7 months of chronic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

In April I started to feel pain when having a BM. I figured it was a hemorroid and it would go away. Well now when i have a BM i have to bite my shirt, i feel like i’m going to throw up or pass out & it feels like the wind is getting knocked out of me. For abot 2 hours after each BM i am in so much pain I cry for hours. My stools feel like shard of glass. Sometimes there is blood sometimes there isn’t. I have a doc appt tomorrow. I have tried EVERYTHING, diet, creams, suppositories, witch hazel, wipes, numbing creams. Nothing is working, it is affecting my everyday life. Can a doctor reccomend surgery without a prescription cream first? Because i am so done with this i will not try anything unless i know for sure i will get some relievement. I am guessing this is an AF rather than a hemorroid. So my question is, have any of your doctors just went straight to surgery before any prescription creams? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey,sorry for the pain you going through,ive been there and its debilitating.I tried everything,and luckily enough when I got to see the colorectal doc,he recommended surgery as the only remedy.Those muscles will never relax once they have been traumatised by fissure.They get tigher and its harder and painful to pass even wind.I had the best success story with surgery than literally the next day when I went there was no pain,I thought it must be the drugs from surgery,but from that march ive never had pain.I bled a bit for about 5days obviously it was a wound and inevitable,but zeroo pain.of course I watched what I ate,drunk lots of water.Go for the lis...balms soaks all that is useless beyong the 3week threshold when the fissure gets chronic
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. Saw the doctor and was advised to use lidocaine and nitro cream... hoping this will work. giving it 2 weeks or so, if no improvement going to make appt for surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.