7 months tkr update

Posted , 7 users are following.

Haven't posted for quite a while so heres an update. It's 7 months since my left TKR, had some xrays and saw my consultant yesterday, came out feeling rather down after he informed me I need to have the operation done again due to a problem occurring with the replacement (apparently something has worked loose and it's stopping my knee from bending any further than 50% ) to say I'm a little  peed off is an understatement. He's given me 6 months to prepare for it, has anyone else had to have this done, any advise would be gratefully received.frown

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Glynis, I am sorry to hear about your knee. I have no experienceas am 23 weeks and slowly getting more improvement daily, My thoughts and prayers are with you. XX
  • Posted

I'm 8 weeks tkr only doing 68% Then pt says I go to 75.% bend don't know how that works.So I made appt with surgery doctor, I had mine done June 30th 2016 I have one year I can be away from work then lose my job.So getting my bend up there. I cant wait,I want x-rays mri what ever they need to do now so I don't waste more time then they say I need to go back in for surgery. I'm just sorry your going thew this.I think you have to push your doctor why the long wait...GOOD LUCK PRAYERS

• Posted

Hi Glynis, so sorry to hear of your news .. I had xrays done last week just to make sure all was nice and tight/secure due to alot of issues thankfully all was good.

How come surgeon is going to wait 6mths and not do it now?

Sorry I'm unable to offer advice but hopefully someone on this great forum will have had similiar issues.

Take care

Tracey

• Posted

Hi tijim, we have agreed to wait 6 months as I have other health

problems which need to be sorted before going through the

procedure again, plus I have a holiday booked just before Xmas.

It's such a harsh operation and it's still vivid in my mind how low I

was in the first few months so I need to get myself in the zone if

you know what I mean x

• Posted

Hi Glynis .. totally understand what you mean .. have an awesome holiday .. am looking forward in seeing my surgeon and seeing what he has to say about my knee and when I can have the other one done .. even tho I'm dreading it since I've had nothing but hassles with this one .. but each knee is different and my other knee is holding me back.

Cheers Tracey x

• Posted

Feeing for you, I am three months today since op, and still cant get a good bend, doing everythign possible, exercises, pool, but today I felt for the first time that I could feel a improvement as in the pain is not as bad. Will be holding good thoughts for you
  • Posted

Im with you all the way my sweet, Ive got to have a revision done as well sad

Ive been trying to come to terms with it for a few weeks, and Im getting there slowly, but Ive decided (along with the family) that I dont want it doing till after Christmas - its my daughters first Christmas Day off in 10 years, and we were all looking forward to it so much, especially as my son may have taken over his first Pub by then as well.....So I totally understand it when you say you need to "prepare" for it - Im still struggling, and find myself talking about it in the 3rd person, as if its not me that its happenning to......So whlist I cant offer any advice, what I can do is offer empathy and sympathy in bucketloads, and please, if you want to chat, dont hesitate to message me - I think talking about it is the best way for us to deal with it 

Take care, try and keep your spirits up, and remember we're here 

Terri xx

• Posted

You have totally lifted my spirits with your comments terri, and it's exactly how I feel, I definately will message you as it's good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way x

Glynis xx

• Posted

I had my revision, due to misalignment and loosening, one year to the exact day - the revision surgeon told me it's best to wait the year out to give the tibia,fibula time to completely heal before being brutalised again. I am now 10 months almost since revision, I'm on holiday in the Scilly Isles, and in the past 5 days, I've walked over approx 40 miles. Had to massage my poor old calf muscles, which have been dormant for the best part of 2 years, and the quads really pulled up and down the hills - but it feels wonderful. I'm still plonking myself down on the sand unelegantly, and need a pull up from my husband, but as the week goes on, even that is improving. Please think positive - you'll get there - we just make up those statistics for the TKR's that go wrong. I think mine will take up to 2 years to not feel different, but I really feel it was so worth the revision. - Veronica

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.