7 weeks back to work!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Went back to work days ago nice to be back in a way. Knee still stiff above the knee like a tight elastic band and not straight when I walk. Going to have private physio Thursday as NHS not offering regular appointment. Just want to walk like I used to !!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Finley,

Glad to hear you are back to work. I have posted a few replies on this forum and most of them have been on the subject of post operation physiotherapy - or more to the point, lack of it !  Quite a number of people like yourself appear not to have been offered NHS Physiotherapy. I find this incredulous. I had my op about 18 months ago and was told without post op physio, your knee just wont get better on it's own. I had loads of physio and have made a full recovery - my knee is back to normal and I'm walking, cycling etc.. with no problems at all. Without physio you'll probably always have a degree of stiffness which will prevent you walking like you used to.

I would go to your GP and INSIST on NHS Physiotherapy. You shouldn't have to pay privately for this. I had a block of six appointments booked by the hospital after my op - I didn't actually need them all as I made good progress and was signed off after about three of them.         

• Posted

Hi John seen surgeon on 1st June and he arranged physio as they forgot about me in system!!! Had a session last week but was told can't see my now until 6th August fully booked sorry. Have no other choice really as I think I need more. NHS gone down hill even had to pay for my MRI scan as doctor wasn't that interested as waiting list was 18 months. Was in so much pain paid for scan and had op two weeks after on NHS, . Glad to hear you are back to normal . Take care Bev.
    • Posted

Brilliant news that you are back in work. Excellent.

My first physio is on Friday, I'm three weeks post op today. I must say that had it been any sooner it may have been too early for me due to swelling and complication with thrombo phlebitis. My appointment letter arrived within days of my op so I can't fault NHS at Salford on that score.

I have lost my job though because of having the op. I'd only been with them six weeks on a six month temporary contract ( After redundancy in December ) gave me some bull about not being able to support me on my return.

Keep us informed of progress now you're having physio, it will be interesting to compare.

Good luck

Louise

• Posted

Thanks Louise shame about your job.! Let's hope when you are well you will find another one. Best of luck with your physio and will keep you informed about mine in Thursday. Will be interesting if there is a difference between them Bev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.