7 Weeks In

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today marks my 7 weeks back on Citalopram. If you look at my old post you will see I am back on it after going off Cold Turkey and hitting rock bottom. Just wanted to write to get some reassurance that I am on the right path.

I can say I am feeling better but still just a little off like something is not right in my head. My mood has gotten a lot better and I am able to leave the house now. I even went to my work christmas party on Friday. The only issue was that I still have this what I call fog in my head. Its like I know what I am doing but it doesnt make any sense or any purpose. I am out and about but dont really know why and just like a lifeless body moving around. I still think this is something much worse but I laugh about it now as I am sure it is just anxiety. Any help would be much appreciated. Should I stick out the Citalopram or go back to my GP. I have a Physical with the GP in 3 weeks so maybe wait until then to see if things approve. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wondering what dose you are on Yadeed.  I felt very much like this and my doctor recommended lowering the dose which did help.   It's always possible this is just a transition period until your body really settles down back on the cit, in which case the cloudyness (that's how I described it in myself) may just clear away eventually.  Good idea to just wait the further three weeks and if you still feel very disconnected as you do now, raise it with your GP.  Good luck hon.
  • Posted

Hi Yadeed,

Isn't this a long process to get on the road to recovery ! I am glad I am not the only one who feels it is something more serious, this then makes the anxiety even worse !

Sounds as if you are definitely making progress, hoping I follow suit !

• Posted

Thank you both for your kind advice. I am on 20mg. The GP put me on 40mg back to start but just couldn't handle that high of dose. I am hoping it is just my body getting back use to the Citalopram. The body and mind are a weird funny thing. Just want to be back to normal. I have run the entire course of having a Brain Tumor to being Diabetic. Always seeking out something else to be wrong with me other then this damn Anxiety. 
    • Posted

I really really sympathise Yadeed.  Every day I wake up thinking that this time the stomach ache really is bowel cancer or the pain in my chest is an oncoming heart attack.  I hate myself for being so negative all the time but have no idea how to stop it happening, then - and this is going to sound [u]really [/u] crazy, I worry that the worry is going to make me ill, as we keep being told stress is a killer so I fear I'm actually killing myself by stressing so much.  I was getting better while on citalopram but I had a really nasty allergic reaction to it, not just side effects and my doc said I had to stop taking it.  Other than the weird cloudyness feeling, I began to stop panicking about everything and got around to planning and actually doing things that made good physical and mental health sense, like joining up to a meditation class, going swimming a couple of times a week, stopping eating junk food and high sugar/high carbs etc..  I hope that the citalopram this time round brings back some calm and normality to you, I feel so sorry you have had to go through the ups and downs of stopping and changing dose etc., that is really hard work.  Well done you though for trying again.  take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.