7 weeks on Sertaline and feeling anxious today

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I am having a bad day and need some reassurance please. I have been on sertaline now for 7 weeks. The usual first few weeks were awful but then I turned a cornet and started feeling great. The best I have felt in years. The last few days have be hard tough as for some reason I feel like I'm back to before I started on sertaline. I'm going for my routine check on Monday with my gp so will discuss this with her.

Have any of you experienced this? You feel "normal" then have this anxiety spiral. Today I have the knot in my tummy.. oddly my jaw feels tight along with my throat. I would have thought that 7 weeks in I should not be feeling like this..

Any advice pretty please x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Im on week one of sertaline... hoping things improve sad

• Posted

Give it a few weeks hun. I really found it helped but I'm just having a rough time at the moment and alot of worry at home which doesn't help.

Hang in there and relax when you can

X

• Posted

That probaby is what most of us go threw even on meds.Ive had anxiety since 6 yrs old im 58. so Zoloft.I could not take this med. But we all will still have good an bad days. even if nothing bad is happening.in our life.you may need a stronger dose.I just think if i dont keep busy.then my anxiety starts flaring up. sending you positive energy an Hugs.mine today is not good. I feel anxious shaky.also make sure its your anxiety and not a med condition.Let me know what ur Pc say's. wish I cld give u more advice. but dont know your age.or med history. Good Luck.I had the whole throat thingy goin to. anxiety comes out in so many ways .how r we to know when it is not our anxiety.Jay are you only on this med? no benzo's or anxiety pills in case your feeling like this. 

• Posted

Deending on yourself and what is going on in your life you could be feeling a little strained at this time.

Talk to your GP and discuss your concerns

It sounds like with your anxiety you may be grinding your teeth at night, sometimes the jaw can remain quite tight , talk to your GP, Monday

I also just see a further thread from you below. If you are having domestic problems at home your mdication and condition needs looking in to exlain what is going on at home to your GP

Keep a hold

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.