7 weeks post colposuspension and hysterplexy ,

Posted , 4 users are following.

Evening all, 

im 7 weeks my repair surgery for prolapsed bladder and womb ,I still have a rectocele and rectal prolapse, the surgeon didn't want to operate on everything in one go 😩 .

my question is as the swelling inside has subsided I'm more aware of my rectocele and in anything it feels as if it's protruding further into my vAgina and I'm having quite substantial rectal pain /pressure, have anyone else experienced this kind of thing following surgery ??? 

Im not returning until mid Jan to see the surgeon when we're hopefully going to review and discuss the next round of surgery 😬 

Th ants in advance x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had surgery 3 weeks ago was supposed to have cystocele rectocele and vaginal vault repair , my surgeon told me when I came round he had left my cystocele for another surgery too also in January.

I have read that most people have pain in their rectum lower back etc

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply , I ,to so frustrating  I feel like if got a big lump protruding out of Vagina I notice it even more than before when I walk , I just want it all over with like you I understand why they don't like it all in one go , I just hope im not waiting a year between this surgery and the next one 😬 X

• Posted

Hi Natalia, its very normal that gyns operate the two things separately. In my case, I had cistocele and hysterectomy operated last December (last year) and I noticed the rectocele got bigger in February. My dr told my he could operate the rectocele in June (i postponed it for personal reasons). So he gave me 6 months aprox for the first op to heal. Hope it helps!
  • Posted

Yes me too. I think when the bladder is prolapsed it holds the bowel up so when it is put back into position the bowel can drop down further. My surgeon would not do both ops at the same time as it can leave you too tight. I now need further surgery at some point.
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies, my goodness I've not realised how bad the rectocele was until the rest of my bits were put back in the correct place, like you imnodoctor I feel as if the bowel prolapse has definitely got bigger, it feels so uncomfortable when I sit or walk 😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.