7 weeks post op hysterectomy and posterior repair, stomach pain today.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am 7 weeks hysterectomy and posterior repair today, I have just started to feel a bit better over the last few days, so clever clogs me thought I'd clean the bathroom while hubby at work, well I wish I'd never done it now, I've got stomach cramps and awful feeling in the vagina now. When can I start doing little things again without pains starting again? I'm feeling so fed up today now. Thought I was on the mend, after having two infections where the stitches were from the posterior repair, and a few water infections I was thinking I'm getting better, I sit worrying about everything, like has it all worked inside and will that awful feeling inside where the repair was done ever go away? It's like a tampon pushing against the vagina wall constantly. When I've checked it its all a hard bumpy mess. I've been told it's scar tissue and stuck with it. Starting to feel depressed about it now.has anyone else felt like that?😕😔😭 I would never ever have another operation done again.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi val  I had my abdominal hysterectomy at the beginning of December and had to have other emergencey surgery but not abdominal toward the end of January. I feel beyond fed up now as for the last couple of days ive been in a lot of pain. Im also feeling increasingly tired and not sure why. I am more mobile than I was but I suppose I expected to be about recovered by now. Im trying not to take painkillers as they exacerbate the problem as i still think a lot of the pain is due to bowels!!! I cannot work yet both because of my other surgery and that I teach small children and thus the job is both tiring and you need to be physically and mentally well.  My work are being fantastic but I get so fed up hearing well meaning people saying that they thought id be fully recovered by now. Ive spoken to both my consultant and GP and theyve both said as my womb was so large due to fibroids, it can easily take up to six months and beyond to recover fully. To treat me my husband has booked a weekend to see friends in London and im now panicking as im struggling in pain if I walk far. Sorry I sound like im ranting.
    • Posted

Bless you jo.

You have been through alot and yes it take along longer for some people. Iam 16 weeks post op ans still very sore ans only just hone back to work. The people who say they thought you would be better by now needs to have the op there self and see what we gave been trough. I would say you still got weeks to go untill your are feeling alot better. Don't beat yourself up. Just get yourself better. Going to London to see friends may pick you up. You Tc xx

• Posted

Thanks Sam. Im wondering how if like you I need to go on something to stop me feeling low or if I just feel low cos of being like this. .Are you on HRT too.Ive started HRT patches and theyve all but stopped the night sweats but thats the only difference I feel.
    • Posted

Hi jo

I started two lots of hrt one mafe me feel low ans the other made me swell. I had the tablets. So I started taking herble tablets for moods swings hot flushes but I don't think they are working Iam getting night sweats still and my moods was so low I needed my happy pills. I would wait and see its early days you will feel low with the op and not being able to do alot. How maney weeks are you? Is it 5? Xx

• Posted

Sorry jo I've just read you are still early days yet. My moods was so bad it was like someone turned a button on me and I would just cry for nothing. Xx
    • Posted

I was like that at the beginning Sam and then again when I had my second op. I got a detached retina and after surgery had to have my head down for forty fivei mins in every hour for seven days then on left side for three days. I still wear a patch over my eye so my visions dodgy to say the least so ive been really upset on and off. But no I feel less tearful now .. just get fed up really like everybody on herethink I'll wait and see then. Hope your feeling better too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.