7th day on mirt anxiety? Normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone else had anxiety going onto mirt? 7 days in

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Well 've managed to stick it to and I'm on day 6. But I have mouth ulcers and feel like I have a permanent brain fog. Just now my two loopy nephews jumped out at me in the street and I nearly died..  So my oversensitivity and jumpiness aren't any improved. I really don't want to increase to 30 mg as everybody says the same thing about piling weight on and the terrible withdrawel symptoms. Right now I feel I am just trying to witness a lift in my mood and feel more motivated.

Otherwise I'm thinking of giving up on it. 

• Posted

I am thinking also but then we have wasted so much stress trying to have a better life
  • Posted

Quite normal, you are only in the beginning stages.
    • Posted

REALLY (Crying) I just don't know what to do I need this drug to work, I have been through the foggy ness but my stomach as f@@ked and its producing anxiety and pain.
  • Posted

You do not say why you started on mirt.   If was because of anxiety you cannot blame mirt for it!  You have not given it time to work. 

I sympathise with you being afraid of mirt - there are so many people here giving it a bad name.   You might wonder why so many doctors and psychiatrists prescribe it -  they have obviously not learned from this forum.  Perhaps they have come across patients who benefitted from it?  

• Posted

Do I sence sarcasm? Sorry. I am on mirt for depression, drinking to sleep and yes I have suffered from anxiety
  • Posted

yep i did...but everyones different..good luck
    • Posted

How long did you take it for? And how long did you get withdrawals? Hope you don't mind me asking. I took it for a month & had to ween off due to terrible reaction, been off it a week today & still need to take tranquilisers & beta blockers to stay calm & sleep at night.
    • Posted

i took it for two months hated it went to dr who put me on effexor i hate that too...thinking of going cold turkey dont like ads at all
  • Posted

16th day anxiety mainly cos of vagueness I think
  • Posted

I was fine until at day 18 I changed to a different manuafturer. In a wee I was in a very deap depressions. Went back onto the original makers. Took a month to get back to normal. It may be worth trying a different maker.
    • Posted

Now I am not so sure. The "good" manufacturor has stopped making Mirt. Agreed with the GP to stop which I did without incident over a weak. However since then I have had two bad periods of stress and am now being assessed for treatment for Anxiety and Depression. Before Mirt 5mg a day I had no experience of Anxiety and Depression.

Is it just coincidence? I am on hormone therapy for prostate cancer; that could be the culprit or both. Any comments, please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.