Posted , 6 users are following.

In having pain under my ribs all the way into my back like I was before i

Had surgery the only difference is in not sick with it. Its worse if I lay on

My right side or back. Anybody else having these problems? HELP!!!! plz

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm having mine out on the 16th 

remember you have had surgery and tools inside you so you are bruised badly. 

I had my hysterectomy five years ago and bladder repair = 500 stitches inside me and felt like I had been hit by a bus for weeks !!! Give yourself time to settle down and if it's still so awful then go back to your doctor , hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

hi, My Daughter was the same as you , when she had her check up with her Consultant he told her it takes time to settle back down and to remember even though she had her operation by laprascopic surgery it is still major surgery and it takes time for the muscles to heal , also the gas they use takes time to disperse around the body . I am due to have my gallbladder out in May so I will have to wait and see how i fair , If you are worried about the pain you have do check with your GP so they can reassure you and check if you need different pain relief , HOPE YOU ARE SOON FEELING A LITTLE BETTER MAZxx
  • Posted

Hi 

it's only 8 days ...it will take 6 weeks for the pains to settle down..you are healing and you will find certain foods will need extra bile you now have no gallbladder so your liver is working extra ...and the bile ducts have been cut into etc clips ...all sore and healing and yet still having to work.

it will take 3 months to get your energy back ..but you will feel great ..

pain killers and take it easy no lifting ....

hope it settles down soon 

• Posted

I had laproscopic on March 13 and am still have  pain and discomfort. My doctor tells me it is usual to have GI stress after surgery for this length of time. Keep us posted and good luck.
  • Posted

Not only do you have, as everyone montioned, the problems associated with major surgery, it was also keyhole, which means you had gas pumped into your abdomen, although most is let out sometimes some gets trapped which can cause pain wherever it lodges, it will dissipate in time. You're also prone to gas in you digestive system, I found any type of chalk digestive tablet and a drop (and I mean 1 drop) in a little warm water helped. You will start to feel better, just don't expect it to happen overnight.
  • Posted

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 6 days ago through keyhole surgery, and this evening i had the exact same pains as you, I panicked so i called the doctor and he explained it was because i had eaten fatty foods and it had annoyed the scar inside my body where the gallbladder was before and so causing the exact same pain as a gallbladder attack, he said it can take 4 weeks for that to heal properly, so dont worry and dont eat fatty foods like i did, and take pain relief if you need it, hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.