8 week physio therapy appointment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear friends,

I have a physiotheraphy appointment in 2 weeks, which will be 8 weeks from my surgery.

My question is whether it is likely that I will be examined internally? I used up my one permitted post op appointment with the surgeon on another matter so I never had an internal to tell me if all is just as it should be. ( other than a quick feel). I am desperate for a medic to actually look inside and tell me if it is as it should be, because it doesn't feel like it is on the right side. I have such a bearing down feeling on the right of my vagina and have had it since surgery (rectocele, entercoele and saprosinious fixation) I had no such feeling before the op- even though my womb was actually outside my body - in my mind I am imagining that something has dropped down. I've had this abscess but that's now drained- so I don't get what this feeling is. Surely it should feel the opposite? I am so hoping the physio will take a look. Or is that really just an appointment about exercises etc - thank you ! Caz 😇

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Were you not offered a hysterectomy if your womb had prolapsed so far that it was outside your body? I know you had a sacrospinous fixation but was that to put the womb back in place?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.