8 weeks post op.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my hemmrhiodectomy nov. 15. Recovery was rough by I’ve felt about 80% back to normal. I still have a lot of pain when I poop. But before I get to that, I should explain that I had 5 hemmriods removed. The larger of them being over an inch in diameter. Because of this, my surgeon said that my rectum is significantly smaller. Hence the pain. Well in the last 3 weeks I’ve gotten so constipated. Only pooping once ever 3 Days. It seems that because it’s hard, and big, I can’t pass it. Like it physically won’t come out. And when I get some out I try to stop because of the pain, and it goes back in. My stomach is so upset, and my but is so tender. I’m still taking stool softners but they aren’t doing anything. Idk how much more of this I can take. I got surgery to stop the pain and bleeding from poop. But so far it hasn’t done anything for me. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd be going back to the surgeons for a follow up appointment, sounds awful that you're still taking softeners and you're still in pain.. i had 3 removed and i was fully recovered in 6 weeks.. i have no other suggestions unfortunately. I was on 2 lots of stool softeners when i recovered, one was fibre and one was a liquid - if you're not taking tge fibre i suggest starting that asap. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi nezbug

I had x2 big internals and a ext skin tag removed in sept

I’m honestly feeling that I’m also smaller in that region. I’m not constipated but find unless the stool is two steps away from diarrhoea then I get bleeding from the bm.  Like I can feel myself actually tear while it’s coming out if that makes sense

That also leads to fissure type pain for a few days. I’m so over this

I’m seeing my surgeon next Friday I’ll let U know what he says as I think our issue is similar. We’re both”tightasses” lol 

Try to soften ur stool with softeners and maybe take movichol /miralax to help things move along

I’ve read ppl need dilation after abt rectal surgery. Haemorrhoidectomy being the worst Offender 

Keep us posted.  Maybe put Vaseline up there so you don’t tear if it’s been a few days 

Good luck.  Ur not alone 

Xx

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you're still going through this. I'm not sure what your diet is like, but I would suggest that you eat more veggies (fiber) and less carbs and meat (bulking foods) - at least till your bm is back to normal and the pain in your bum is manageable without ibuprofen or Tylenol. I love meat and pasta and it wasn't easy to give it up for a few weeks, but the thought of bm and pain made it easier.  Also keep taking stool softener and mineral oil to help things move through. The worst is behind you and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Oh, and buy Sudocream and use before and after bm. That was a lifesaver from the annoying and painful burning feeling. 
  • Posted

Hi what stool softener are you taking ? I was given lactulose and fybogel and also drink plenty of water. Eat fruit like raspberries, blueberries and bananas. Eat a high fibre diet and this all works for me. I had grade four and the operation was difficult. My stools are now very soft.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.