8 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am now 8 weeks post op for prolapse bladder uterus and rectum. The operation was done via laparoscopy and I was in hospital, here in France for,3 days. The aftercare was great. A nurse came, every day for two weeks,to give me an anti-coagulant injection and I had pain killers and stool softener  on prescription. The first 2 weeks it was difficult to pass a bm, but that has now resolved itself, thank goodness! I saw the surgeon 5 weeks after the op and he said not to lift anything too heavy until after mid December but otherwise was happy with my progress. 2 weeks ago my husband had a full knee replacement, so it's my turn to be the nurse.I have had to start driving after many many years of not doing so, and also walking the dog on my own.

i think I have been very lucky as had virtually no pain. I followed the advice given to the letter and I think that is why I am doing so well. I was really quite scared after reading some of the posts on here before my op but I want to reassure anyone considering this op to go ahead with it and most importantly do what you are told, if in doubt question everything! Good luck to those of you waiting for your ops, you will be fine. 

5 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I will have to have this operation very soon, please could you tell me if you had mesh to repair your prolapses, and did you have a histerectomy?

I am so glad I read your post as like you said there are so many negative worrying things here, but I'm no fool and know many people dnt write about there positive experiences so really appreciate your post, thank you, Alex

• Posted

Hi Alex, yes I had mesh, in fact surgeon showed me the pictures on the computer! No, I didn't have an hysterectomy. Good luck with your op. Just follow the rules and you will be fine.

• Posted

Great to hear you are doing so well, I'm glad they are looking after you in France some of the ladies from other countries aren't given enough time to recover.

I'm interested to hear you had it done via laparoscopy. My surgeon mentioned this as an option then changed his mind as he said if you have a low rectocele it isn't possible. I wonder if they do it differently in France?

Hope your husband recovers soon too. Thank you for telling us your positive story.

• Posted

Thank you. I just felt I had to post some thing positive, it is scary when you don't know how things are going to go. I am glad I had the op via laparoscopy, less risk of infection I think. I didn't even know I had all these prolapses until I got a bladder infection, so it came as a bit of a shock!

thankyou for your good wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.