8 weeks post op and pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, has anyone else had this.  Had right ovary and tube out 8 weeks ago and had good recovery, but just these last few days getting sharp pain mainly down right hand side into groin and pubic bone.  Had a feel around last night in bath and all feels really tender there. Pain when it comes is quite sharp and feels like a burning.  Sometimes across bottom of womb area and just one or twice in remaining ovary too.  Any body any clues?  The only thing I have been doing is my pelvic floor  exercises to help with bladder control - could this be causig it????  Thanks in advance xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had op 4 weeks ago, had giant cyst, ovary and tube removed from rhs and 6 cm cyst from left. All done by laparoscopy. Rhs has been great, very little pain etc, but have had pain on left since op. Pain in my back, and low in groin especially when bending forward. My consultant thinks there is a possibility I have an incisional hernia so have had CT scan - just waiting on results. I am still very tender on all 3 wounds and ache each morning when I get out of bed. The belly button wound opened and was bleeding last week - 3 wks post op. 

Pains could signal lots of different things, best advise is to see your GP or consultant. 

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you guys are suffering. Weirdly, I'm experiencing similar symptoms. 

Had left ovary and cyst out 3 was ago.  But past few days feel like something is pulling or tugging along my left groin area and into/ on top of pubic bone! Not excruciating but concerning. My symptoms prior to surgery were similar. My cyst had adhered to my bowels and dr though that had a lot to do with that pain. 

Since my tube wasnt removed I'm afraid it could adhere to something it shouldn't? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I do have a follow up appt this Thursday. 

How are you feeling today? 

Debx 

• Posted

Hi Deb, I am pretty convinved my pain is related to the bikini line 'scar'.  it was deeper and bigger than the the others and always seemed more angry.  It is also really painful and tender to touch even now and because the pain is below this - ie, in my pubic bone and groin it woud make sense.  The other scars and areas around them are fine.  Please can you let me know what your consultant says on Thursday?  I have to have a further operation in late October to have full hysterectormy as they found borderline changes so I really dont want to see a dr or consultant before then - can't take any more prodding and poking!
    • Posted

Hi Kellers, 

Your theory makes sense! 

I was doing some gentle stretches last night and I did feel like it was more muscular in nature but I'm not taking any chances. I am going in about an hour and promise to update you when I get back. 

Shame you have to go back in October. I wonder why they didn't do it at the same time?  

Sometimes my bikini line scar feels as if its tingling, I wonder if that's the nerves healing? 

debx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.