84 days on Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 20mg Citalopram for 84 days (12 weeks). I was feeling really good and was returning to work gradually doing mornings, but then I seemed to dip this Tuesday and had to take yesterday and today off work, as I didn't feel well in myself.

Has anyone gone through a similar thing and felt that they have dipped? If you have, how did you deal with it?

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue I am on week 17 and yes I still have dips. It very discouraging but it all about time. Tell yourself it's another day to feeling good everyday !!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is normal.  Recovery comes in waves so you will be up and down for a little while.  Don't worry, it will eventually stop.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Just like me I've been on 20mg for 12 weeks started to have a few good days then the last week as been bad anxiety intrusive thoughts mornings are the worsed wake up very jittery what symptoms are you struggling with ? I went and seen doc she said give it a few more week if no joy by then up dose 😀
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm glad it's not just me don45258,

I've been having good days, then Tuesday I started feeling anxious and not feeling too good in myself. Yesterday (Wednesday), I woke up jittery and again not too good in myself, I had no appetite and I stayed in bed all day.

I didn't get up til about 2pm today (Thursday) but I feel a bit better today, so I'm hoping to be back at work tomorrow.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm so much better today, thanks Don. I feel so much brighter today.

I think it was just a dip and maybe I had to get it out of my system.

How are you? :-)

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Don, I haven't had any intrusive thoughts or anything like that. It was the feeling of not feeling right in myself and being quite emotional this week but hopefully things will get better for both of us.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up