9 days after haemorrhoids surgery... NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

So.. 9 days after haemorrhoids surgery.

Im still in a lot of pain, it is unbearable going to the toilet! The pain has eased slightly day to day however after a bowel movement it lingers for a good two hours. Also suffering with discharge... a lot from the anus area? nothing overall concerning its not blood or puss.

My biggest question... it looks like a train wreck down there! I have massive lumps around the area which to me just look like the haemorrhoids have returned?!

I went to the doctors and the surgeon said it is swelling... but how long before this goes down? Is it normal for it to look so huge and lumpy and sore? I am now in the mind set its never going to go down and it is honestly huge. Will i be left with any tags? Is there anything I can do to help it?

Any advice please 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think I responded to your other post. I'm 11 days post-op and have same swelling issue. Dr. insisted it's swelling over the phone the other day when I called her concerned. I have a follow up with her in a week or so and we'll revisit this. I'm really upset by all the swelling because my anus looks hideous right now. I'm sorry you're in a lot of pain - I honestly can't believe I'm not in that much pain. But in case it's the wiping that hurts so bad, I wouldnt know because I have a bidet that attaches to my toilet that I bought from Amazon last year. It really helped before surgery but gosh am I in love with it post-op. I absolutely recommend getting one! Look up Bio Bidet SlimEdge. It's not heated but I actually prefer the rush of cool water down there. Helped a lot with the pain/discomfort. My boyfriend has one too and he and his kids love it too.

• Posted

omg i have same - had a thd Haemorrhoidectomy seven days ago. The next day for 48 hours I had terrible urges to have a BM and I’m super worried that I Strained too hard on the toilet. I now have what feels like a very large sore swollen haemorrhoid and I’m worried that I have undone all the good that I did I having the op. I don’t see my consultant for another three weeks as he’s gone abroad on family business. feeling super sore and super miserable

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.