9 months post tkr

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am 36 years old. Had a tkr 9 months ago. I am having problems. Still cant go up or down staris. Two lil hard pimple looking bumps now formed on knee. Thigh is 2 inches smaller then other leg. Did 4 months of therapy in still was not able to lift 5lbs. Leg muscle continue to shake when trying to lift 5lbs. Did join a gym n still the same. Leg gets stiff if i sit or lay for more then 1/2 n hour along with pain. Any body else going through this. Feel bad cuz i cant chase my 2 year old nor get on floor to play, afraid to carry her cuz of leg wanting to give out. Got fired from my job cuz of knee. FYI i have a visionare knee replacement.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I understan d totally.had 4thntkr to left leg end oct.i cant put weight on it at all to do stairs.physio says lack of confidence.feel stressed by this

• Posted

Just an update. Docter was concerned about small hard pimple looking things but he could not give me answer. He was first concerned about weakness in leg. He said possable quad muscle is tore. Has this ever happened to anyone. First is scan to check muscle then emg to test my nerves. (He thinks nerve damage too) after results then he will fig out what hard bump is. Q

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.