Posted , 5 users are following.
- Totally off meds now for 9 days
- can do 20 min on bike at 60-65 rpm
- Joined Gym again (intend to hit the treadmill 20min/day or so. Will see)
- Still kind of stiff and sore depending on activity (all manageable).
- Bend is at 101 (thought it might be a bit better but it is what it is)
- Extension has gotten a bit worse. 3 weeks ago it was at 6 today only 10
hmmmm. I think this is my own fault however. Have been paying more
attention to the bending and slacking off a bit on the extension. Lesson
Pay close attention to both flexion and extension. Muscles are quick to
retract if you don't keep them stretched and well exercised.
- Sleep is also improving. 4 good nights this week. 3 not so good.
- Knee is still swollen and now using both Ice and heat at times.
- Still pain on inside of knee but improving
In summary, life is returning. Progress is not as quick as I thought it would be but who is ever really properly prepared for this? I sure wasn't.
When I look back to weeks 3-5, there is miles of progress. Sure there is still some discomfort and pain but all manageable now. I remember for a time I was stuck in one spot, other times when it felt like I was going backwards.
This is sure no linear recovery. Some old pains fade while new pains crop up when you least expect. Looking back now, they are all part of the healing process. So for those in their first few weeks, don't despair, there's some nice light not to far ahead.
I realize there's still a long hard road ahead (gotta keep those exercises up) But at least now I'm confident in working towards a full recovery. Even that stubborn extension. Haha
Oh and also thank you to the folks on this forum for all your support and encouragement. That's my story so far and I'm stickin to it.
Peter 9 wks 1day.
I always wait an extra day because that's when I have physio and get my official numbers.
5 likes, 37 replies