9 weeks after golbladder surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi Folks!  Had my gaulbladder removed 9  weeks past Friday, and am concerned about some issues which i'm still having!  First of all, still get the occasional bloating feeling even before i  eat.   Then, sometimes my bowel movements are a  bit loose.  Also, i  get a  churning in my stomak which i  used to  get when i  had my gaul bladder.  Are these things normal, and what can i  do to help the situation?  I  also forgot to say, that i'm not sleeping too well and get very shivery which i  used to have when i  had the gaul stones.  any advice is welcome please.  thank goodness in no pain!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 6 weeks post op. Get very similar problems. Seems to be getting better week by week but dont know how long it will take. Just want to be back to normal.
    • Posted

Hi Julie!  Thanks so much for replying.  Good to know i'm not the only one who's experiencing these problems.  Like you, i just want to get back to normal, and suppose i'll just have to be patient.  Hope you get better soon.  ///Val.
  • Posted

Hi the body needs time to get used to lack of GB I guess. The bile has now a different flow and it is not as ready as it used to be to digest, especially fats( good/bad) so maybe that's why you get loose stools and bloated.  I hope it will only get better as the liver and rest of digestive system adjusts.

I'm 16 weeks post surgery and I can eat more things now without having awful diarrhea. I don't know if it can help but I eat a lot of probiotic yogurt for a healthy gut. I also felt the churning sensation in my stomach  few times and thought that it could be a stone trapped but I don't feel it so much anymore. 

hope you'll feel better soon

• Posted

Hi!  Thanks so much for that!  I  know that there are no more stones left in the bile duct, because 3  days after my op i  was taken back down to theatre and they removed the stones that were there.  I  guess its just the body adjusting to being without the gol bladder.  hope things will improve both for you and myself.  Unfortunately, i  can't take any probiotics as they cause terrible nosea.  good luck and thanks again.  Val.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up