9 weeks of sertraline anxiety has come back.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ok so i have been taking 50mg of sertraline for about 9 weeks now and its been going pretty well after the first week or two i started feeling a little better. I suffer with anxiety and depression. Ok so tonight all of a sudden my heart beat went sky high and when i got up off the sofa i walked in to the kitchen and had to sit down i felt like i was going to faint. I am just getting over a cold and my mum is flying back from benidorm tonight and i start back at work tomorrow. (Im a painter its been a little slack the past week or so) im just so frightened of this taking over again and im so frightened of fainting. Ive got a raging headache and i just want to cry and let everything go but i cant. I just need a little help. Thank you everyone xx

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Vicky Cry if you feel it will help.   I won't take meds as that's part of my anxiety but I'm sure it's just a little blip possibly as you are going back to work perhaps?  The cold germs will be making your immune system a little run down as well.  I'm sure it's natural.  See how you feel in the morning.
  • Posted

Hi Vicky! Go and see your gp! This is important! You might need a change of meds! Good luck regards Amanda
  • Posted

Hi guys thanks for the replies. Im feeling a little bit more at ease. My mum has just come back in so that always makes me feel better, she has only been away for 4 days but i tend to miss her more than i think i do. If this doesnt ease in the next day or two i will be back at my gp...she said that of i have any problems that it might be time to up my dose. I really could do without changing meds because it took me a long time to pluck up the courage im a complete wuss and tend to get every side effect even ones that arnt listed because i worry about it and am hypersensitive to my body when taking something new.
    • Posted

Join the club Vicky. At least you go to the GP and take meds. My anxiety is such that I'm too frightened to go and there's no way I can take anything as I fear it's going to make me worse. sad
    • Posted

hi craftylady. sorry to hear you're in a double mind - unable to go to teh GP or take meds. it can't be easy for u. there's a modality called EFT or Emotional Freedom Therapy that's easily learned and self-applied that may help u. just google it. it's very gentle yet powerful with no side effects.

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi Vicky! My names Dannielle, I am into week 11 on Sertraline and similarly after a few weeks of feeling good I have now had a week of feeling bad again sad! I don't have the answer unfortunately! I'm seeing my doctor next Monday and hopefully im not feeling better by then I will talk about I changing dose or changing tablets (which I would also rather not do)! I hope this is just a small blip for you and you start to feel better again soon smile
    • Posted

just completed week 9, had two really good weeks even bought a push bike and started cycling, but this week so far has been rubbish, lost appetite again, feel like a nervous wreak and just chain smoking is this a blip, how are you feeling?
  • Posted

I am glad im not the only one whose having a blip. I just end up thinking the worst and feeling quite lonely with it so this site certainly helps. Crafty lady i would recommend being courageous and trying some sort of meds, when i first started with this i got put on propranolol 10mg three times a day and had pretty much zero side effects and felt great after day one...only thing i had was cold hands and feet for a day or two, they are a beta blocker and slow your heart down by blocking the rush of adrenaline. But they only seemed to work for me for about a year. But they work great for alot of people who take them for more than 10 years with no problems.
    • Posted

Hi Vicky. I was prescribed those but refused to take them as my fear was that my heart would stop ! I'm a lost cause but may try Caitlin's suggestion. Thank you Caitlin.
    • Posted

Ok but i would recommend then they are very easy on you. They just make you feel a bit calmer and a little more in control. But it is totally down to you i find chamomile tea helps immensley i used to hate the taste of it but i got used to it as i drank it more and more just a couple of cups a day helps xx
  • Posted

Hi Vicky, I am also having this issue at the moment to and am about to go back to GP to up my dose. Im on 50mg sertraline too and this is about my 9th week too. I came good about 5 weeks in then last week it came rushing back and I am having my tingling and burning sensations again. I am back to worrying about what serious condition I have ( i think I have small fiber neuropathy). I also get the fast heart rate and throbbing, I think we both need to accept that we will go the GP try the increased dose (if thats what the doc recommends) and wait it out a little longer. I read somewhere starting a worry diary where you write what you are worried about in it during the day without lingering on it then in a time set each day for 20 minutes you allow yourself to read your worries and only worry about in that 20 mins. Worth a try? Ill start today too smile
  • Posted

Same here. It is awful. Up your dose as I have. It doubles. Then you will feel better. 50's hAve never worked for me. 100's tend to. All the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.