9 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I had a TAH 9 weeks ago, football sized fibroid removed and both ovaries (fAmily history of ovArian cancer). I'm on oestrogel (4 pumps per day) which seemed to be working well. I returned to work this week (shorter hours - 15 only) but I am absolutely exhausted, I'm struggling to hold my head up, feels really heavy. Bouts of anxiety have returned (these had eased when I upped the dose of oestrogel), pains down the right hand side of my stomach and generally feel rubbish. Sorry to moan but just wondering have others felt like this? Does it get better? I'm not a very patient person!!! Thanks!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

9 weeks you should never be at work. At least 12 weeks. That's why I hope to go back. Iam 8 weeks post op. I still feel not right abs can not so much.

I only do 15 hours part time but Iam due back in gen but the way I feel Iam not sure if I will be back then. You have had a big op 9 weeks is far too early. Bless you. Please go back to the docters for a sick note ans have a few more weeks off. If not you will put yourself back. I no a friend who did that after 8 weeks ans only last a week ans it put her back. Don't be hard on yourself. We are all in the sake boat and we all won't to feel 100% ASAP but it takes a long time

Samx

• Posted

Sorry and about my spelling it's my phone lol. Iam due back work middle of Feb.
    • Posted

Hi Sam, thanks for this, I agree 9 weeks is too soon, I'll have to go back and see my doc. I do feel like this week has been a big step backwards. Thanks for yr support x
    • Posted

Your welcome that's what we are all here for. Yes you go back. It can take time some longer than others. Let me no how you get on. I think work should of told you it was too soon. Tc x
  • Posted

Im due back to work on the 20th which will be 10 weeks post op, I had a full tah and 8 1/2 weeks post op now.

very nervous I have to say, only doing half days for the first weks or so.still got alot of stomach discomfort but appernently that can last for months

• Posted

I think it's too soon. I would say 12 weeks at least. But see how you get on but like I said it can put you back. Iam 8 weeks tomorrow feel ok in my head but my body says no. I only work 15 hours anyway 5 hours over 3 days. But if Iam not ready buy middle of Feb I will wait. I won't to feel 100%. I don't no about your lady's but my tummy is so big I can only wear comfy clothes. I have to wear a suit for work. I think I will need pregnancy clothes to go back lol x
    • Posted

I will see how it gies but will definitely listen to my body.

as far as clothes, I know exactly what you mean, ive been living in tracking bottoms and leggings.

the thought of trying work clothes on makes my head spin

• Posted

Yes leggings and I love my pj's lol. I had a pj's party with my girly friends about 4 weeks after my op. It was so nice of them tp do thst for me. No drinking lol just lots of nice foods xx
  • Posted

i  am 8 weesks post op didnt have a good recovery at first belly huring had a hematoma removed 10 days post op.  the more i walk th more my belly goes down but it feels bruised on my right side. Anybody know why?x
    • Posted

Alot of people have said they have pain either right or left side! Wonder if its depending on how much they have to dig about to remove ovaries or tissue etc.

it seems quite a common issue

• Posted

The more I walk the more my tummy grows lol. When I spoke with my docter he did say you will get pain now and again in places because we are still heeling. Maybe you are over doing it a little. Your body is saying slow down. Today I've been busy with going hospital and then just went out for lunch with my best friend. I've not been on the sofa with my feet up like i usely do I've now got pain on my left side top of my leg. Xx
    • Posted

Yes mine seems to be all on my left. And at the bottom of my back. But after my op I had bad back pain when I came round and said what the hell have you done to my back. I've had it since. When I asked the docter he said it worked more on my right site as alot if it was stuck.xx
    • Posted

i know they had to do work on my right side as i ended up getting stitch viginal aswell on my right side as he nicked me in threatre. also the hematoma was removed from the side aswell. i will have to ask when i go back and see my consultant. I have back ache alot but did before the op. It can be to do with the way you stand and your posture changes.

When i walk now i feel like and old lady. I hope you back pain goes in time. Are you still taking any pain killers for your op? x

• Posted

I had my back pain only when I was due on. But after my op when I woke up I was in so much pain.its not as pain full but still there and hurts more then my tummy. I as well feel like an old lady Iam so down about it i just won't to be part ok. I had a kidney scan on Thurs and just waiting for the report to go to my docters. I keep getting water infections. It's on my left site at the bottom that hurts maybe it's our kidneys I don't no. I don't take any tablets just anti inflammation tablets for my back. My tummy still big and hurts on my left site. I started taking hrt tablets today i was trying not to but I've got hot flushes and my bones hurt and I can not sleep. I sometime wish I never did had my op. My friend was fine and never needed hrt. Xx
    • Posted

awwww sam i felt the same when i had just had th op. I am 9 weeks now and feel loads better. How are you feeling now? and i had a CT scan done as they thought something was going on with my appendix. But i have now been told i have an enlarged liver. Got to have more bloods took in 4 months. I am able to do alot more now and i can walk more.

My belly still goes big and hurts like i have been kicked in it.I also keep getting pains in my lady parts. And has the hrt tablets helped you? x

• Posted

Hi stacey

Iam 9 weeks now ans feeling alot better thankgod. See feel tried alot. My sleep at night is rubbish I may have to go docters for sleeping tablets to help me. I have work 3 weeks so would love to feel alot better with my sleep. Else I will not go back to work untill I feel 100% or 90% lol. My tummy gets big ad the day gos on . Iam wearing baggy stuff still. I feel like Iam having a baby it's that big. It hurts still and yes pain in my left side and bottom of my back is really bad. Hrt are ok not had alot of flushes just the odd one. Iam doing alot more I've started to hoover today ans yesterday I did the ironing. So my tummy been off today. But I just won't to be normal again ans I love to clean lol. Glad you are feeling alot better xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.