9 weeks post op and very disappointed

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi there, I am 9 weeks post op having had a laroscopic hysterectomy and anterior and posterior repair. Everything was going really well but have been back at work for 1 week (office job, so mainly sitting) and have a definite recognisable feeling of pressure down below. I am so fed up and so worried that the prolapse surgery has gone wrong. I suffered such uncomfortable feelings for 2 years, had an anterior repair last year that didn't work. I felt great post op at first but will be so upset if it's back again. My question is... Has anyone else had the same feeling after their op, maybe my insides are still settling down? I'm making a docs appt just to check but it's great finding this forum so I can chat to others in the same boat. Thank you

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jo

I'm feeling the same, 12 weeks post repair. Mostly feeling great but last few days having niggles. Poking feeling, It's worse end of day. I can't stop thinking about the possibility of it having gone wrong, again. I feel so desparate for it to have worked and anxious that I may have gone through the surgery and the hope for nothing. I have a check up with surgeon end of November and have decided to wait till then and try to think positively. It's very early days and lots of healing still going on, for both of us. We are all different and the stories you read here are often the problems because the women who have successful surgery and easy recovery mostly won't be reading this. I think you are very wise to see your doctor. it's so frustrating not to be able to really know oneself what's happening inside. Stay strong!

• Posted

Hi Rosabee, thank you so much for taking time to reply.! It's so nice to know we are not on our own. Funnily enough I haven't had a post op appt come through from my surgeon yet so will call his secretary today to see if they've forgotten me. I think we are probably still healing inside so fingers crossed we are okay. I hope you continue to get better, please let me know how you get on, fingers crossed for you and carry on healing! . Thank you again

• Posted

Yes, it helps to know others are experiencing the same issues. it's not the easiest thing to discuss openly at work! Wishing you luck. Let me know how you get on, too. 

• Posted

Hi there. Your not in your own. I think a lot of women feel the same.

I’m 8 months post op of a rectocele, entrocele with perinium repair (sorry about spelling) and I too worried about the pressure I was feeling. I was referred to physio who said I had really good pelvic floor muscles.  Unfortunately for me things are slipping down again, although this time I have a cystocele too, so have been referred back to my consultant. Needless to say I’m heart broken as the original surgery has scared me mentally due to complications. 

If your really worried see your GP they should be able to give you some idea on what’s going on.

I really hope you feel better soon, easy to say but try not to worry.

Sending hugs 😊

• Posted

Hi Stacey, I'm so sorry to hear that your surgery wasn't successful. This is my second attempt as last year I had just an anterior repair. That came back with the posterior prolapse aswell, That's why the decision was taken to do both and the hysterectomy. As I sit here typing this, I can feel something isn't right. It makes you so fed up and upset doesn't it? It's not nice living with constant discomfort. I really hope things get sorted for you... Goodness, us women have a rough time of it don't we?

• Posted

9 weeks is early days . I only had posterior and perineum repair and it was months before I felt right .

Maybe your body telling you to slow down . Can take a good 6 months for full internal healing . 

Just rest laying down when you can , no lifting heavy shopping bags or lugging or pushing heavy shopping trolleys . I took it easy until 12 week mark . 

Maybe take ibuprofen could be swelling from doing too much x

• Posted

Hi there, thank you for that. I'm sure you are right, I know it's early days but I'm just a bit obsessed now worrying if it's come back. I do try and take it easy but think once we get back to work we start to forget that we've had a big op and maybe do a bit too much. Took ibuprofen this morning and felt a bit better. I did start to bleed a little this morning which I shouldn't especially as I had a hysterectomy. So went straight to the doctors. He's made me an appointment to see my surgeon on Saturday but he didn't seem overly worried. Thanks so much for your advice, it's been really helpful :-)

• Posted

Hi

I think its good that you're getting it checked but I think what you're describing is normal for your stage of recovery. I'm nearly 6 months post op and still find sitting, leaning forward using a computer for hours makes me swell and takes me at least 2 days to recoverfrom. Can you modify the position you work in so that you're slightly reclined? That heavy feeling really sucks.

Wishing you a smooth and worry free recovery.

Juli x

• Posted

Hi Julie, thanks for that, yo very made me feel much better as you have described exactly how I feel. I sit at my desk but am always bending, picking up files, up and down stairs, it's all a strain isn't it. While I was at home after the op everything was fine, I've only felt like this since going back to work 2 weeks ago. I hope you feel the proper benefit of your surgery soon, take care and thank you

• Posted

Hi Joe 

I am 9 weeks post op after a sacrosphinous fixation for prolapse.   I am also anxious my surgery has not worked as there is still a bulge and things feel lumpy.  As I have had two previous surgeries I am going to see my consultant on Friday.   It's three

weeks early but I can't wait any longer as I am stressed about it.  Keeping fingers crossed ! 

• Posted

Hi sandie, I'm really sorry to hear this. It's so disappointing when you think the surgery hasn't worked isn't it. From what all the lovely people have said to me on here, I think what you are feeling is normal and it's just very early days. Let me know how you get on with your surgeon, fingers crossed for you x

• Posted

How soon after surgery did you return to work? I’m at 4 weeks post op and expected to return to desk job full time 1st of Nov. I’m just wondering if I will expect the same returning to work after 6 weeks or should I wait longer. I can’t imagine what you are going through because the struggle after surgery is real. I don’t have enough leave built up to do this again. 
    • Posted

Hi there, I hope you are te feeling the benefits of your surgery. You will feel really tired and it's so important that you do everything your told, rest lots, no heavy lifting, gentle walks and pelvic floor exercises. I was off for 8 weeks, I don't think 6 is long enough. People think office work isn't strenuous but it really is if you think about it, rushing round the office, lifting files, stretching, up and down stairs. Please try and take a little more time off if you can and take things really easy and when you do return to work, make sure your colleagues are aware that you will still feel tired and you are not totally 100%. I wish you a speedy recovery. Take it easy! Xx

• Posted

Hi, I’m new here and although this post is showing 6 months ago I find I’m exactly where you were at now. 

May I ask how your progress has been since? 

• Posted

Hi Candy, 

I can't speak for Jo of course, but I am now 11 months post op and usually feel really good now. Occasionally, I still get feedback if I do too much - in the way of pain, and when that happens I make sure to rest up.

I've had to accept some permanent changes, but for the most part I feel back to normal. I do Pilates/strength training twice a week, work full time, and usually have zero pain and hardly ever worry about it now.

Hope your journey goes smoothly for you. Patience is a virtue smile ..and one that doesn't come naturally to me!!!

• Posted

Thank you Jo, it’s wonderful to hear you are doing so well., I’m so happy you can get back to a great quality of life! Thank you for your reply.
    • Posted

Oops I’m so sorry I used Jo’s name and not yours😅

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.