9 wks post TKR

Posted , 9 users are following.

I saw my physio yesterday and she still wants me to improve my straightening even tho Im at 0 degrees. The exersise Im supposed to do is to put my foot up and straighten leg on two pillows or a chair and hold for 30 mins but its so painful even after a couple of mins. Ive found this the most painful of all exersises since the op 9 wks ago and the pain is next to knee on the outside of leg going down to the ankle. I also have pain in my shin which she says isnt normal. I still cant sleep as the pain is worse at night. My Dr gave me amitroptiline to try to help me sleep but its not working. Also on Meloxicam and paracetemol but theyre not working either. I just want the pain to go is anyone else still experiencing pain at 9 Wks?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry did not mean to confuse anyone....0 is straight, however, normal ROM includes a hyperextension number.  The ability to have this hyperextension number after TKR is supposibly wonderful.  I can say my ability to bend down and navigate stairs has been easier since the negative numbers fell into place.  
  • Posted

Hi Rose .. the only time I ever had this done to me was after I had a fall at day 8 post op and went back to hospital and see surgeon and he had me in that position while I was waiting for xrays and readmitting to hospital I cried the whole time .. even one of the nurses went and spoke with him after an hour about it .. when no one was around my husband ended up getting on his fours and helped support my knee.  I have never ever been told by anyone to do this exercise again and personally I wouldn't!  Just my opinion....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.