9th day on Citalopram 20mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well, a moderator contacted me and said that this isn't a personal journal site, so I'm trying not to post day-to-day progress. Maybe once a week wouldn't hurt?

Anyways, I actually got some sleep last night without taking my Xanax (been trying to avoid it when possible). I got home from work later than usual and took my tablet. I was playing Skyrim and actually felt pretty tired (yay!) so I turned it off and fell asleep around 1am-ish. Woke up today around 9-10am feeling a little out of it, confused. That subsided when I got to work. My "tight throat" feeling isn't so prominent today. I feel "okay" compared to the last few days. I think the medication is finally, very slowly starting to kick in.

Sorry if I annoy everyone with these kinds of posts, but it helps me cope a little better and I know some people are in the same boat as I am (taking it at night, working everyday, etc). Cheers!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good stuff, I'm glad it's finally start to benefit you. I just had to see the dr today to let him know of the issues I've been having with it just recently and how I've felt like I hit a wall and some of the original symptoms are starting to come back so they upped me to 30mg havnt started the increase yet but I'm sure it'll be ok since I've been on for 7 weeks for the increase but honestly this is my last hope for this med. it has taken me to about 75% id say maybe a little less but doesn't seem to be able To get me any further, i also had pretty severe anxiety before I started meds so I'm wondering if that's why the 20mg didn't work

• Posted

I'm sure upping the dosage will help. I had moderate anxiety, no frequent panic attacks or anything. Just always on edge, over thinking, not sleeping, not enjoying everyday, etc. I'll have to see how 20mg goes for me after a couple of months.

• Posted

That's exactly how I went about it I was gonna give it two months but I started to move to far backwards to give the last week

• Posted

I think it's good knowing others are going through the same thing. I also think that a good sleep, along with the medication, is the key to recovery. I had a bad day yesterday but after a decent sleep I feel so much better today. I am almost 4 weeks on citalopram and I do think it has made a difference. Keep the journey going forward , even if it's two steps forward one step back sometimes , at least it's going forward. :-)

• Posted

I agree. Going from not sleeping well to getting a couple of decent nights of sleep makes a huge difference with this med.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.