A bug or the drug?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Although I am approx 9 weeks off mirt, I started having nausea and dyspesia a few days ago. Wondering if this is w/d symptoms this late in the game? Most people I have encountered had really bad bad nausea in the first few weeks. They also lost their mirt weight early on in w/d. I am still hanging on to my mirt 45, but I only experienced mild nausea in the beginning. Just trying to learn from this experience. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gretal, I'm just starting week 11 of cold turkey, week 10 the nausea got a lot worse, I've had 9 bad days now, please don't ever doubt its withdrawal as it usually always is!

• Posted

Thanks Toria,

I appreciate the insight. This just seems to get more bizarre as the weeks go by. But the good thing is that we are not at day 1. I am also amazed at how little help those who put us on mirt can be. My dr. is still insistant that there are no withdrawl symptoms. Thankyou.

• Posted

Did you taper ? From what dose ?

I have to get of 45mg. Am terrified.

• Posted

Sarah

did your GP give you any advice on tapering down from 45mg?

im coming close to 11wks free of mirtazapineĀ 

most docs seem to think there is no withdrawals coming of this med as I was taking of 45mg over night

kazĀ 

• Posted

Sarah,

The most important thing you can do is KNOW you can do this! You can. I did a rapid taper combined with dose dropping. I was on 15mg for 4 months. I did it in about two weeks. It wasnt pretty, but I felt better than I did on the mirt. I am not advocating the way I did it, but everyone has their comfort zone. And that is why we are all here, checking in, comparing symptoms, and supporting each other. You can do it, if I can you can.

• Posted

I have a psych they have said i can drop fast but i am too scared so want to taper 10% every 4 weeks. They have agreed.
    • Posted

Did you cold turkey of 45mg ?
    • Posted

I stopped at 15mg but was only on it a very short time this time round but after 7 days on it I was convulsing on the floor
    • Posted

The Doctors are useless, I just seem to be getting worse at the moment 😢

• Posted

Hi torria

what dose were you on or are you still on mirt ?

im 11 off mirt this Thursday as to be honest I hope my withdrawals are all most away...tho you never can put a time on withdrawals with mirt as they seem to pop up anytime

kaz

• Posted

Toria

no i didn't taper as my doc and my physc both said no withdrawals from mirt so I was taking of45mg overnight last yr put bk on them with in weeks and was took of 15mgs 11wks ago overnight

doc still tells me no withdrawals (I wish)

but im glad to be off them as they didn't help with my depression and I never suffered anixety until I was put on mirtazapine 

kaz

• Posted

Hi Kaz, 

I've been on mirtazapine 3 times, stopped twice before no problems this time I was only on it a week but straight after IV steriods and I started convulsing on the floor on the 8th morning, I've given up on docs they know nothing when it comes to antidepressants 😢

• Posted

Your doc advised toy to stop 45mg cold turkey OMG that is awful. What happened to you ? Did you stop the 15mg cold turkey ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.