A feeling of impending doom.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Two years ago I suffered from acute anxiety due to family problems and intimidating neighbours. I was put on Cit which worked wonders, and in time I was weaned off it. Unfortunately, once again I am beset with problems, too numerous to name, and once again I am back on Cit 20mg. What I'm finding is, that when I wake I have this knotty feeling in my stomach which in turn makes me feel sick and unable to eat. This feeling lasts till about 3.oclock in the afternoon, when for no apparent reason the anxiety begins to lift, so that by 7oclock I feel pretty OK and able to eat properly; by bedtime I feel absolutely fine, only to feel like rubbish again the next morning, when it all starts all over again! Has anyone else felt or is feeling like this, and how long will it last? I've been back on Cit now for 12 days,and apart from a dry mouth this is the only bad sympton.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

hi yossarian , ive been on citalopram 20mg forf six weeks , last week gone up to40mg in last week , have pins and needles in arms ,stomach ache , off food ,mine problem is sleep , cant sleep and then over sleeping for too long and just dont want to get out of bed , just want my old self back
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I agree SB, I just want to be my old self! mind you I have always been a 'worrier', it's got worse though as I've got older! I too am off my food except in the evening when the anxiety lifts, weird eh?! the next morning it's as bad as ever! Hope it lifts for good in a while.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I used to have what I called my morning terrors. Every morning I woke up and felt extremely scared, often clinging to my pillow. It stopped after about 2 months of cit. I think its just an anxiety thing, a flight/fight response kicking in when your body thinks you're in that situation even though you're not really. I found that getting up and doing something.quickly, rather than staying frozen helps, even a bit of exercise to use up all the adrenaline! x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

Been told the morning anxiety things is part and parcel of the depression and not to do with tablets. Apparently its quite common to feel better by lunch time/afternoon. Hoping the tablets will eventually work on that as well!! I too don`t know who I am anymore.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Just to say that after 5 weeks on 20mg, I feel SO much better. The only gliche is first thing in the morning when I still get that 'sinking' feeling in the pit of my stomach! but when I get up it lifts almost immediately! my appetite is much better now, and the 'sick' feeling has almost disappeared. So, guys, stick with it, it really does work.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up