A few drinks on Celexa / Citalopram? Can anyone share their experiences?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi friends!

I just started Citalopram 10mg for anxiety/ocd. No side effects so far and its been about two weeks. However, I'd still like to be able to have a few drinks with my friends. I'm 28 years old and a big part of my social life is meeting up for dinners, brunches, etc. where everyone is hanging out and having a few adult beverages. For context, I'm pretty small and usually never have more than 2-3 drinks.

Can anyone please share their experiences with moderate drinking on citalopram? and try not to scare me lol 😃

Thank you so much!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can't speak for Citalopram specifically but when I took Zoloft years ago I used to have a couple drinks with friends here and there and there wasn't any major side effects for me, except I feel like the alcohol affected me a little more, and the next day hangover were a bit worse with anxiety. Usually by the next night it was gone though. I would suggest not to do it too often though I think the alcohol will work against the antidepressant and may not work as well.

Just my own personal views on it. 😃

• Posted

with me the alcohol didnt make me tipsy at all.go figure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.