A further update (for those that are interested ☺)

Posted , 4 users are following.

So ,following my first outpatients appointment last week, I expected a letter possibly this week or next,with an appointment for an MRI scan or something similar. Instead,48 hours after that appointment, I got a call from the MRI department saying I had been referred and could I come in at 9am the next day!! Of course I jumped (I wish it was literally, but due to the pain I was in,it was an imaginary jump)

All went well at the scan,unless you count being unable to breath in for the alloted time as it hurt to much. I was sent on my way with the generic "Outpatients will be in touch with an appointment"

Good old NHS,love or hate them. Right now I'm still loving them as soon far so good.

Ask me at the end of the week when, if I've not heard anything following my scan and I've called outpatients myself and got nowhere and I may not be feeling so positive.

Day 11 and whoop whoop the pain only appears when I have to push or pull anything heavier than a bag of sugar. Oh and not to mention when I sneeze or have what I call a very deep yawn.

I'm determined not to let this gallstone thingy get the better of me.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear the update Bonne,

Hoping you get your outpaients appointment soon and they can book you in for surgery if thats what your opting for. Good luck hun x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I'm definately opting for surgery. I say whip it out of I don't need it!! 😊

• Posted

I have a date for surgery 18/12/2017...not as soon as I had hoped but it's a date (fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.