A Long Journey Ahead.. (Endoscopy Results)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I hope everyone is doing well.

A week ago I posted my journey off how iv been dealing with acid issues for the past four eyes. Last Sunday I had my first endoscopy done. Wow! It was some experience, to be honest I can say it was uncomfortable at best, you do gag but I had it without sedation just the throat spray. I'm 23 so when you see grown men doing it you have to man up! 😁

Endoscopy Results showed mild gastrtis with a normal osophegeus. This past week iv started experimenting with my diet ( which I have never done before) and the conclusion iv come to is if I don't eat junk I don't suffer. I mean I still take 30 mg lansoprazole daily, but I think if I can adjust my diet just right I can heal my stomach and come off the medication. It's still a work in progress.

Now my question is to those who are longer term and more experienced with gastrtis/acid reflux is do they think gastrtis is curable?

Feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gastritis is usually healed by using acid suppressant medication. You may need to double up your lansoprazole for a few weeks. (Discuss with your doctor.)

Do look at your diet and keep a food diary to determine your food triggers. One of the worst culprits can be processed meats.

I agree about endoscopes. Sedation has no effect on me so I have to have all mine with just throat spray - and I've had many - but they are necessary to ensure no permanent damage has been done (Barrett's Oesophagus). I have had 3 cm non-dysplastic Barrett's for at least 21 years and receive surveillance scoping every two years. I jus try to keep relaxed, concentrate on my breathing and know it will all be over in a short while.

• Posted

What are the symptons of gastritis? I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis at the same time as GERD and Barretts..yet I am off the ppi as i was told my barretts was negligible (still belch an awful lot and not just during a meal or after a meal)
    • Posted

Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining. It's principal causes are H-pylori bacterium (managed by a course of antibiotocs) or acid hyper-secretion (managed by a course of acid suppressant medication).

It's principal symptoms are a burning sensation, particulalrly with an empty stomach when acid is not being usefully employed, bloating, nausea and general abdominal pain.

• Posted

Moat definitely mines is not caused by the bacteria, iv been tested twice for it and both times I tested negative.

On a empty stomach I get really bad but when I eat I feel better. I think mines is caused by the stomach producing to much acid.

I definitely need to stop smoking for my long term health.

• Posted

Mine is not caused by H -pylori..been tested numerous time. I dont get burning, but get abdominal pain sometimes after eating and nausea when hungry. Are ppis the only solution? Am I doing more harm than good by not taking ppi? or any other acid suppressants or meds 
    • Posted

When you have been taking PPIs for a few days, do the symptoms reduce? If so, your problems are probably acid hyper-secretion and if not controlled by acid suppressants (of which PPIs are the most effective) you may run risks of ulceration. If symptoms don't reduce, PPIs may not be necessary. But do discuss with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.