A message for Laura Dora

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Laura

Firstly l want to take back my apologie for writing my experience on my 2nd TKR. Firstly l don't think you know how the forum works. Its not all rainbows and unicorns. People come on to share there story of what is going on with them. I don't appriciate being told l should not write my experience with my 2nd TKR. I am not 5 years old and l am not gonna lie about being in pain.

I am sure a lot of people will agree with me on, we should share our experience good or bad. You don't know me so you have no right telling me off for telling the truth. I was in agony for a few days even with heavy medication. Anyone that tells you a TKR is pain free must be lying or dors not feel pain. I have been on this forum for years and am a 6? because l know how to give advice and take it. I am 44 years old and have had every joint replaced in past 3 years. I have had to give up work. My full life has changed. I accept that. But l was upset at you telling me off for telling the truth. I am sure the regulars will agree.....l hope. I have physio that l will need to start soon. I have a car l can't drive. Oh and l have also had an ankle fusion. The fact you never even responded to my aplologie hurt. As l said l just lost my mum a few months ago and am still grieving. So Laura l would have a look at some of the posts they are not all happy stories. I have gave posative feedback on my hip replacements as they were brilliant. So please never speak a word to me as you cant even acknowlege my apologie. Which now l wish l had never gave.

6 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How awful someone told you off! I hope you reported her. This forum is for people to share their experiences, offer sympathy and advice, and a lot of moral support! God bless you and I'm praying for your continued healing.

• Posted

Hi Lors, I remember you from last year when you going to have the1st done.

So sorry you've experienced such pain at no2, I have just had my 2nd TKR & I totally agree with you, that's why at 3.18 in the morning, not even 24 hours after having the op I'm back in here reading your post! 

My 1st TKR was relatively easy, esp whilst still in hospital but have had more pain with this knee than the last. 

No 2 ops are the same no 2 knees are the same. You told it like it is! You have nothing to reproach yourself for. Nothing to apologise for.

I can remember getting a snotty reply from someone from a comment I made. We cannot all agree on everything.

BTW I also was in a single room last year & the same again this year. The unit I'm in has only single or double rooms. I really do think being with others helps in recovery after the op. What I found was being alone you have no one to 'share' with, & I must say I think laughter is the best pain medicine if ALL. As Chris used to always say perhaps that is something to debate!!

I am sorry for your loss. Bereavement is hard but really raw when you're going through so much. You will come out the other side of all of this stronger. 🤗🤗🤗🤗

I wish you all the best in this recovery & a future without the awful pain of OA.

Best wishes

Marilyn 

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.