A message to my friends

Posted , 5 users are following.

Stick in there. We are all in the same boat. I know you feel like your alone or that people don't understand. But they do and many suffer many worse symptoms and diseases. But there really is something to meditation. When symptoms arise try not to resist them, but welcome them, accept them gently. Don't say that this isn't normal and that its not meant to be happening. Because many people all over the world have anxiety disorder, panic attacks with horrible symptoms. But it's not the end of the world, although sometimes it may feel. Try the holistic approach and use natural remedies if possible and up your fruits and veggies. You're not alone. Show yourself love. To all of us in here, we are brave and courageous. Just gotta hang on in there. Take care

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

thank you!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

how long have you had anxiety for?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thinking back, forever. Last 6 months have really been the worst b it its change me, sometimes for the worse but sometimes for the best I could have hopes to be. I think we should cha he the way we see this horrible debilitating condition. It's not a disease, but a heightened sensitivity towards our fight or flight response. Unfortunately it can manifest in terrible and unimaginable ways. But it always subsides.I get all of the symptoms on a daily basis but depending on the day I feel them a lot more. Exercise and rest seem to help with me. But there's no on off switching t ok when that panic will arise. No escaoe,it seems like the more I run the more anxiety tightens its grip. So we do have a choice to face it, but not attack it as its there for a reason but to accept it, do t I bulge but just get take acceotance. Breast through your nose 3 seconds in and 3 seconds out. Read a book on mindfulness and meditation. Close your eyes and just be. What's your experience of anxiety like my friend?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's been a real problem for me lately. I had anxiety issues for the the first time about 5 years ago and I struggled for it for a while, but i ended up beating it for the most part. However, for the last few months, it's been back and I can seem to shake it.

What book do you reccommend? 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hmm take a look at where you're at in your life atm. Things may affect you and you don't even realise it. Yes you beat it but this a completely new time. Treat it as such and don't compare.. just relax in to each moment. If you compare you may start duo ting yiurself,that you can't beat it this time portraits worse. But let it happen and it will be dealt with when it's right . I've just read the power of now by Elkhart tolle. I recommend.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Very true.

I've always suffered with anxiety to some degree but up until October last year I had it under control. It spiralled and I became a mess, I'd ring my mum multiple times a day for reassurance (bare in mind I'm 25 and don't live with her), I'd have multiple panic attacks especially when travelling on buses or alone. I just couldn't find a way out. Medication wasn't an option for me, so I took the holistic approach. Daily meditation exercises, breathing exercises, mindfulness and it has really helped. I still have blips here and there but don't let them manifest into something more. It really is the only long term fix, medication is supposed to be used as an aide only and not as a cure.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's it isn't it, that no way out feeling. It's like I was training this lady yesterday at the gym and showed her the cross trainer, as soon as I came off it, I felt so disoriented as if my legs weren't my own. You have good days and then all of a suddenly a random occurrence will set you off, and you think you're doing so well. It's so easy to be discourage but don't let it. Accept the feeling. It is meant to be there, don't resist it. If it's happening its happening. Relax into it, take a second if you need to by taking yourself to one side wherever it may and co sole yourself. There is nowhere you can't do this. No matter what situation, work, uni, important event. You're more in control than you think. But don't try to control your anxiety. In fact let it be, own it, it's yours. Try not to think as if it's happening to you, but rather with you. There's nothing wrong with you, you're just a very sensitive positive person. I can have it sometimes where the slightest t :-/ ing will become mass panic and paranoia in the blink of an eye. Another example in the gym, there's this machine called a power plate, it vibrates basically to aid stretches and muscle recovery. So it was on the other day for 30 seconds and as soon as it went off my body sensed something, as if something wasn't right. It's a crazy thing to g through but I believe it's here to make us stronger, more awake and compassion ok mate to one another. I know I've been more compassionate towards people lately,although sometimes when I'm in a lethargic, depressive mood I really don't want to be. But I f you look at the bigger picture, it really develops you. To go from truly broken, miserable attacks to brief moments of relief. Really makes you look at life with a different perspective. It's not the end of the world. But things change, life will always go on. People will always suffer, but because of life being so ever cha Bing and transient, there will always be peace and happiness. Peace x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up