A million different symptoms every week.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else feel like there are two or you? The rational one who knows all symptoms are part of hearth anxiety and the super sensitivity to absolutely everything and then this other person who is ready for danger and sees fear and doubt in everything? Just this week I feel like I've had; skins cancer, nose lumps, tender breast, period problems, headaches and the list goes on. That sensible person knows it's all in my head but the other is still questioning everything!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Alas there are hundreds of anxiety symptoms you just get rid of one and another comes along.the more stressed you are the worse it will be.

Try to stay calm and tell yourself its anxiety .and it cant harm me

Consider therapy it teaches you how to cope.

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

Thank you ❤️

I had 15 sessions of CBT which helped but sadly did not cure x

• Posted

I dont think medication or therapy will ever CURE anxiety but they help us cope and dont let it take over our lives,

Take Careconfused

• Posted

Cbt isnt really therapy,its a cheap and easy version that's often tried first,ask for a referral to Psychotherapy for a better option
    • Posted

CBT may not work for some patients.  This method hygiene cannot sometimes be covered with a thin veneer of 'positive polish'.  If you have the option to go private, I'd recommend finding someone who can use a more eclectic approach, bringing the best elements of different therapies together.

Anxiety can trigger alleged health issues on the body, and I hope you can find the help for this to lead a better stress-free life.

• Posted

That's the joy of health anxiety! Theres no reasoning with the symptoms,and no point trying to deal with them, they only exist because the anxiety exists. If you can deal with the root anxiety,the rest will follow
  • Posted

Yep we have all been there. At its worse I thought I had cancer and that was causing my issues. The brain is just so powerful in making us think things. The reality is that we have to try and force logic and facts - and not let "that" part of the brain thats making us think we have it all - to win
  • Posted

I can really relate to your comment. All this week I've been very distressed, worrying I have lung cancer. Just yesterday I began to worry that I might have stomach cancer.....because I got a pain in my stomach. Looking at it rationally now, it does seem ridiculous, but that doesn't mean that my anxiety and terror were any less real.

I do understand where you're coming from. In a weird way your comment has reassured me by letting me know that other people worry about this sort of thing too.

• Posted

I've suffered with anxiety basically my whole life. It got unmanageable 2 years ago and I tried CBT I was told to go on Zoloft because my mind wasn't graspin anything positive. I was a ball of negativity. Just a month ago I came off of the Zoloft (tapered) went into withdrawal, went back on. And I'm on week 3 of the start up.

I think I've developed health anxiety. I've never had any issues in the past. But ever since my withdrawal every little thing scares the crap out of me.

I've been feeling very tired (could be because of the Zoloft start up) Ive also been urinating a lot at night (which can be because I'm due for my period next week). Somehow I found myself googling MS and I've just self diagnosed myself. Currently crying in bed because I feel I have lost my mind entirely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.