a new symptom, yay! not.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been doing OK.. For the most part.. Today though I was stressed. Majorly. That was about three hours ago though. I came to my moms and started feeling a bit weird.. No physical pain, but kept feeling kind of like my eyes wouldn't focus good enough. All of a sudden I was sitting down and I got a major dizzy/lightheaded spell. It lasted maybe five seconds.. When I got up I noticed my heart racing. What is this? Should I be concerned?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It is so annoying when a new symptom pops up. It really is. See if it wears off, give it a few days. If it doesnt just get an eye exam to rule it out then you know it goes. You will eventually manage it and ignore it. Anxiety just seems to be able  to do whatever it wants. You sound like you had a mini panic attack. Also be very sure you are fully hydrated and you have eaten.
  • Posted

Sounds like an anxiety attack. I had this for 5 months until I got onto medication. I still experience them but alot less frequent and less severe.

I would get checked out by your GP and if all comes back clear, then you will have to accept its anxiety.

• Posted

I should've mentioned that the past five months I've been in and out of the hospital, the most recent was five weeks ago where blood work, chest xray, CT, and EKG have all came back perfect every time. I recently got off my meds about 4 weeks ago and have been handling it but it doesn't mask the feelings of fear when they do sneak up like I used to be able to do.

• Posted

didn't want to depend on them and was constantly more anxious on a daily basis

• Posted

Just my own decision, anxietysite, I have decided that since my meds work so amazingly well, as long as the anxiety is there, the meds will be there.

I had no life....no life that wan't horrible, until I was put on the RIGHT medication. In spite of the anxiety, over al,l and most of the time, I haven't felt this good in years. Yes, I still deal with anxiety spikes, but thanks to the info. on this site I know how to deal with them...and quickly. So, confession time...I choose to depend on them to keep me calm, sane and functional and will for the reat of my life if necessary. (all my life I have battled doctors about drugs...I didn't want them, until now)

There are many here that had to try two or three or even four before they got the right one for THEM. When that is found WOW, what a difference, dear one. Think about this.wink

• Posted

Everyone suffering from anxiety has the choice to either try meds or continue suffering. I admit I was stubborn about anxiety meds. Once I found the right anti anxiety med I had a much better life. 

It's a hormone imbalance stress released cortisol causes anxiety and is a progressive reoccurrence until treated.

Just as you stated in your story these anxiety medications can really make a great deal of difference in our quality of life! For the better!

• Posted

getting new anxiety symptoms you haven't experienced yet really gets your mind thinking the worst, at least it does for me. I too have been experiencing new symptoms this past week (bloating& abdominal pain) just go to your doctor and get it checked out. It will give you peace of mind. I'm sure it's nothing more than anxiety, it can make you feel pretty much however it wants to make you feel. If you don't want to be on medication, maybe hop on Pinterest and check out some natural ways that can help with the symptoms of anxiety

• Posted

I experience bloating and abdominal pain often. Usually, if I drink club soda I burp like crazy and get relief, also if I can manage to pass the gas that seems to be in there massaging my tummy deeply helps a lot with that. The digestive system doesn't work as well as usual with anxiety, especially if one has recently had a spike in the anxiety.

Advice from a nutritionist and a doctor has been when anxious, don't eat, because the digestive juices just aren't there. The whole system is tense. They didn't have an answer to what if it is constant like an anxiety disorder.

Somehow, I am beginning to anticipate what to eat and when...it's like my body is telling me what it can handle.

Some days I know I have to eat very lightly, and others, I have a steak and veggie with no problems.

Around the bloating and abdominal distress, if I am so hungry that I have to eat, I stay away from fibrous foods heavy foods. What works best for me is chicken broth with crushed saltines, or soft boil a couple of eggs and scoop them over broken up white bread...no fiber. Of the two, the most non distressing is the chicken broth and crackers, because some people get  gas from eggs. Fortunately, they are okay for me.

Hope this helps a bit.   Oh, i underatand that the problem is fairly common with anxiety.

• Posted

Thanks everyone. The past two days have sucked to say the least. The day I posted this, my HR went up to 100 as I was laying down.. My normal is 72-80. I of course over reacted and panicked to the point of needing a Xanax tI knock me out. I'm still fefeeling very strange. Chest aches, nausea and heartburn.. I've been trying to convince myself ever since that it isn't my actual heart.. Now tonight I feel like I can't catch my breath again.. I'm in my apartment alone (well my daughter is aslewp), and I hate being alone at night.. anybody else awake?? (it's 10pm here so not sure what time it is there lol)

• Posted

Let's go back to basics. Have you gone to the doctor for meds yet? if you were more anxious on meds....obviously..., they were not the right one for you. Try again. Surely you don't want to keep running around this tree darlin'.

• Posted

I've tried 3. I always find a problem with them, mentally I mean.. I was referred to a psychiatrist and am going August 1st so I'm excited. Its just frustrating how much postpartum anxiety/depression changed my life literally overnight. I'm definitely a lot better than I was. I used to literally refuse to eat anything except water and tiny salads twice per day because I convinced myself I'd have a heart attack if i ate more than that. Now 7O lbs down in 8 months and I'm finally allowing myself to eat and trying to get out and do more things. My biggest issue is the whole "I'm having a good day, so I wonder what will go wrong" way of thinking. I've always said if i didn't have bad luck, id have no luck at all. Subconsciously I honestly think that something horrible will happen just because I'm happy for a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.