a newcomer

Posted , 3 users are following.

i honestly have no idea how to start, or even what to say but i'll go with the flow... i'm 19yrs old living in Mexico (been here my entire life) and i've been really, really depressed for a while now

its been about 1 month since it started being severe again, the last time i had it happen was in my birthday, february 14th, that's the last one i remember but i'm sure its not the only one

i never thought i would end up in some forums talking about this, but sometimes its just so much that you can't take it anymore and just need to spit it out

anyway, i don't know what else to say, i guess typing this helps a bit... i'll wait for some answers (even though i didn't ask anything?)

thanks for reading

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Talking works wonders sometimes! Sometimes rambling about nonsense is he best cure. You find yourself offloading things to people who will not judge you and only be here to help. I joined this forum the other day and not sure what I'm meant to do either haha. Have a great morning / day / evening....whatever it is there lol

Emma

• Posted

HI Mike.  Welcome biggrin  This is a great forum and you can ask questions, tell us how you feel (good or bad) or just have a chat with people who can relate to what you're saying.
  • Posted

thank you both, much appreciated

now to be honest i opened this forum again and started wondering why i did it if i'm fine, but given i did it in the first place i obviously am not

going up and down

• Posted

Much the same thoughts with me. But like you say...your feelings are rrsl enough for you to be on here in the first place. We all have good and bad days xxxx
  • Posted

so i'm incredibly happy right now... i don't know if i should actually post this i'm just typing as it comes in

today i went up and down 3 times... more than ever before as far as i can remember

oh well

• Posted

it's 3:48am and i can't sleep (again)

i feel scared right now, been scared the whole week, i've felt lately that i'm close to a complete break down and that scares me. on top of that, theres this friend i really really trust, and i'm anxious to talk to him but i'm afraid he stops talking to me if i look like i'm seeking attention or something like that, it's really hard for me to make friends and i wouldn't like to lose such a good one...

• Posted

If he is a true friend he will only want to help you. I do not think he won't leave. I reckon you'd feel better if you spoke to him. Explain everything your comfortable sharing and I'm sure it will help you. He will probably be grateful for the trust you have in him. This is what friends are for smile
    • Posted

Hi Mike.  Sorry you can't sleep.  Have you been to see a doctor recently as it sounds as though you might need some help with getting on top of your mood swings.  Freinds are great for support but sometimes they can feel overwhelmed becasue they don't understand what we're going through and don't know how to help.  Your doctor will have the means to help you with your symptoms.

By all means talk to your friend about what you're experiencing but remember to have good times with your friend too otherwise they will only think that you want to talk to them when you're feeling bad.

• Posted

if thats so then i'll give it a try tomorrow...hopefully everything will go ok, these days i havent been as bad as last week because i keep thinking what it would be like to tell someone about it and its a relief... kinda

looking forward to see the results tomorrow..

as for the doctor part i haven't really think about it, but to be honest i have been wondering at what point do i need to do it, because sometimes i think i'm not depressed, maybe i'm just going through a hard time, but hard times seem to be around often or something.. i don't know

thanks for reading once again, this is... helpful to say the least

• Posted

It'd all up to you. Doctors would probably be useful just so they can point you in a good direction and hopefully make u feel a bit better. Depression and anxiety can be a not of a confusing road. But I think talking helps. Good kick with your friend tomorrow smile 
  • Posted

Silly predictive text haha

Bit of a confusing road *

Good luck *

• Posted

when i was about to open he said he had to go, and wel.. he kinda had to even though he could have waited a few minutes since i was SO ready. looking at it objectively he has other stuff to do and he shouldn't be late for something so irrelevant, but it still left me thinking he doesnt want to know about it...

he said he would be back at night but i'm not so sure about telling him anymore... i have this feel it will just make things worse with him and with myself

• Posted

crying again.. i think i have cried 4 days since sunday... everything pisses me off lately, i can hardly be with myself let alone be with others...
    • Posted

I know that frustration well. Is there anything you enjoy doing? A hobby? Try and make some time for you and do some more of what you love to do. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.