A&P Repair 7 weeks on

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I thought my prolapse had come back since I could see what looked like a small bulge in my vagina. I had my check with consultant at 7 weeks she said all was well and what I was seeing was "loose vaginak tissue" that had just healed that way.

It looks and feels like my old prolapse? Should I get a second opinion or is that a common thing? Help ladies please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, all i can tell you is what harm will it do if you do get a second opinion? Nothing but peace of mind. Go get that second opinion. 

Just recently due to prolapse issues I finally got a second opinion on a shocking vagina repair following a forceps delivery and 20+ stitches, my Gyno told me normal and nothing could be done. My Urogyno siad I should have had it fixed years ago !! Might have even stopped my prolapse. I cannot tell you number of times I thought about geting another opinion over the last 30 years, instead I just thought she must know her stuff and so put up with painful and uncomfotanble sex for all those years. Good Luck and let us know how you go.

• Posted

Personally I would wait and let the healing to fully take place 
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your comments, is it common to have this type of loose skin after surgery? 

• Posted

I think it does happen with some ladies. I rarely saw women in the 'outpatient stage' but I can understand how it happens.
  • Posted

Hi, I had only anterior wall repair, but I have a bulge as well, my Gyn saw me at 4 weeks and said anterior wall heal well posterior wall needs to be repair, but I already suspect that because Gyn told me that after op.

Before shes seen me she said everything is during healing process, so I shoudnt be worry about bulge. Maybe you just wait and see, but I understand you worry, so go and get a second opinion. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.