A period after Menopause ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my recent blood test for the Menopause is

Serum LH 22.4

and FSH 103 

I have learned more about the FSH total.

If the number from the blood test is between

“1-25” you are normal , not menopausal

from  “25 – 138” you are on your way to going through the menopause

where ever the number is, the Dr can tell what stage you are at.

I am 103, Dr said I am way off the scale and have gone through the menopause , even though I am only 46 . my family have a history of early menopause.

So why I have I got a period today ?  is this normal  ? not had one for 2 years , I even have symptoms in my body, I feel a bit swollen.

just wondered if anyone new….

Thanks

Rachel 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

It could be all sorts of things, most of them are just hormonal and absolutely nothing to worry about. You MUST tell your doctor about the bleed though and get it checked out just in case. xx

• Posted

Thanks Jane , you have put my mind at rest , appreciate your reply x I will go back to Dr to discuss.. its only happened today, hope it goes away as quick.x
  • Posted

My Dr. won't do blood test she just says I am in menopause. You need to get checked out by Dr. I was bleeding and found out I have thicking around my uterus. I am going through hell this is very hard. Good lulolck

• Posted

Thanks Linda. I changed Dr.. I did 11months with out a period then got one. Because it wasn't 12month she wouldn't do a blood test. This year I went 11months again without.. Different Dr he did the test and got the high readings

Now nothing from April to today so I have only gone 5months free now. It's weird and random.

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Hi Linda, my MacMillan nurse told me that thickening could be due to lots of different things and not necessarily bad.  So try not to worry too much.  I know it's hard though; sometimes it just hits you and it's hard not to panic. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.