A person like me has no place in this world.

Posted , 7 users are following.

All day I go through the same thing, wake up, have a panic attack, go out and keep to myself until it's nessasary to talk to someone. What's the points of living a life without a meaning, to be honest nothing matters to me anymore. When I'm around my 'friends' I act like the social girl everybody likes but when I'm by myself I just stare at the wall with a blank expression on my face. 

I'm not sad, I'm not angry and I'm not happy I just see myself as a waste of space. Instead of an ungrateful soul like mine being brought into the world why couldn't someone else's, someone who values living. Therapist did nothing but make my depression worst and I've tried the highest dosage of both Prozac and anti depressants-no change whatsoever. I haven't achieved anything in my life and the only thing I'm good at is trying to guess how many days I have in this world. I'm not trying to be selfish like I know many people have died early and would've done anything to be alive but I just don't see why I'm in this world. I haven't made an impact on anything or anyone and all I do is pretend to be someone I'm not. 

To be honest   Few years ago I overdosed but I was taken to hospital. A person like me has no place in this world.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear solemn

your sincere and heartfelt words here are definite indication that you have a place in the cosmos. You have been created and placed in CREATION by Creator. so do not complicate it by overthinking. We do not yet know the complete mysteries of universe. But within you is ( in fact within all of us ) lies the spark of creator. 

You are aware of something missing in your life. This awareness itself is proof that you ought to here. This awareness should not lead to thought that one is waste of space. not at all!!

None of us (  including you ) has right to conclude that someone is waste of space.

How do you conclude? sun shines on you like on any other. 

if you persist with calmness and postive thoughts ( no matter how hard it is), all shall be fine. 

Immediately stop these thoughts like these and think of self as fine. all shall be fine. believe me.

i have been through severe depression and it took me really long to come out of it, because changes in cerebral structure happen very slowly and are imperceptible on day to day basis. but changes do occur. but for this, to begin with, you have to have positive thoughts. 

negative thoughts only harm ourselves. thoughts are as real as anything else. this is absolutely scientific. 

yes, it can be difficult. but go deeper within and despite all odds, hold on to calmness, patience, and postive thinking..

i am saying it from my experience (and not just from books)

god bless you.

all shall be fine.

• Posted

in fact, you do feel but at deeper level. and   so  you are not blank. therefore may be staying  in a state of deep calm shall help .. 
  • Posted

I have suffered from panic attacks and I know how horrific that feels.  But there is hope. Be aware of your negative thoughts. Those thoughts can send you into depression or panic.  It can become simply a habit. There’s many tricks to help you stop the negative thoughts. One idea is to  Put a rubber band on your wrist and try to catch yourself when you are telling yourself negative thinks.  Pop the rubberband on your wrist, simply to get your attention and notice that you’re doing it to yourself .   I also have the “calm” app which helps you with meditation etc.   The point is to retrain your brain and to have more and more moments of happy thoughts or at least non negative thoughts. Stop telling yourself your life is not worth living.   Use positive mantras and say then outload many times a day.   Google mantras or affirmations if you don’t know what I’m talking about. 

Pray and pray and pray. It will make a difference. Don’t give up on therapy and meds.  See another Dr if it’s not working for you. 

• Posted

How are you doing? That all sounds very sad to me. I honestly think you need professional psychiatric help. You should see a different psychiatrist. Attempts can repeat. Depression is successfully treated by combining medicines and psychotherapy.  Just try a few sessions of psychotherapy and see how you feel. Take care
  • Posted

Hi there I know it all feel pointless and empty but you dont really know who you are or what you may achieve in the future. I think it would be good for you to try another dr and maybe meds again. I was deeply depressed and had been to a few therapists then I started on ciprimol and after a month or so began to feel a little better. Dont give up hope thats the most important thing. You are not a waste of space!! 
  • Posted

For more than two decades, a thought in my head has told me I am worthless, there is no place for me, and the world would be better off without me. Every day, I argue with that thought, get up, and live my life. Sometimes it takes hours; on good days, I almost get to work on time. I imagine I will lose that argument one day. In the meantime, I've found things that help.

Find people you can be yourself around. You sound like an introverted person; you may find comfort in the company of another introvert. In fact, you may find a lot of insight in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test.

Have a consistent sleep schedule and stay busy. A calendar and a to-do list makes it easier to stay engaged with life and feel a sense of accomplishment.

Find a hobby. Painting, writing, music, dancing, etc. Be open to new experiences. You may discover a passion for something you never considered before.

There are no guarantees that any of these things will work for you, but I hope you find something that does. You never know what impact you may have, or may have already had, on people and the world.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.