A question about anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, guys! I have a question about anxiety, and I hope that some of you can help me. See, the issue I am having is if my symptoms are more likely to be brought on my anxiety, which my GP thinks they are, or whether they are more likely to be something else. Now, my anxiety has been brought on by health concerns. Thankfully, my health is good, and yet weird symptoms remain. The main thing that I am slightly concerned about is how sore my body is. Now, I wouldn't say I'm in mass amounts of pain, it is more of a slight discomfort. It's usually in my back, the back of my neck, my knees, my wrists, and my ribs. And, like I said, the pain isn't unbearable, it's more nagging than it is painful. It doesn't prevent me from walking, from sleeping, or from doing anything, really. And yet the feeling is always there. Are these symptoms of anxiety, and if so, how long does it take for them to go away? I only found out today that my health is good, so it's possible that my body is still tense and may need some time to return to normal; I am just worried in case these aren't symptoms of anxiety, and could be something like arthritus. Although, I am only 27, so I'm not sure if arthiritus is a risk for me just yet.

Another question I have about anxiety, is if anyone has ever had their vision affected by it? Earlier, I felt like I could see a faint circle of light, aligned with where my pupil would be. It was faint, but definitely something I was able to notice. Of course, this could be the hypochrondriac in me talking.

Any help is appreciated, though, guys, especially if they are reassuring and going to help me calm down, haha.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I think the sore pains is just tension I get it all the time nothing to worry about. Book yourself in for a massage and relax and treat yourself! The vision thing I'm not sure maybe get your eyes tested to put yourself at ease? That'll help I'm sure ? If you want anything PM me, I'll always do my best to help! X
    • Posted

I definitely think I am going to book myself in for an eye test. It can't hurt, right? And at least then if the optician says nothing's wrong, then I'll know it's down to stress.
    • Posted

Course not. It's the best thing to do. Book in for an eye test!
  • Posted

The answer is yes they can be anxiety and would be common to anxiety. Saying that you can also be dehydrated. You should be drinking half your body weight in water in ounces. Then in three days when you are fully hydrated re examine the symptoms. I do not know your diet but forget about caffiene p, sodas, pop, high saly foods. I think your body will feel better from the above noted. Anxiety can really play with the body. Steong mind body connection. If adrenaline rushes it tires out the body on a ohysical level. Muscles tense and soasms and can leave you achy. Same with vision issues. At least if you are fully hydrated the muscles will be nice and flexible and bounce back. I would also suggest walking a lot, might sound funny since your achy but good circulariin is a wonderful thing. Be sure to get a good sleep in as well. Hydration, good diet and solid sleep will be your best remedy. On a mental note you can learn proper belly breathing, cbt and meditation.  Vitamin supplements helpful..b complex, b12 under the tongue, vit c and co enzyme q10 even billberry for the eyes.That would be my advice. You are not a hypochondriac because you dont feel well by the way, but dont waste your energy googling diseases and such its a complete waste of your energy and time. Google good nutrition, balanced diet, staying hydrated, how to relax with meditation, spring forest qigong..etc..way to improve your body and mind. That would be so much more productive, feel better and stay well.
    • Posted

That is great advice. My diet, if I am being honest, is not the best, and I don't drink a lot of water and DO drink a lot of fizzy drinks. So that definitely needs to be cut out, and I could definitely do with being a bit more active.
    • Posted

If the fuzzy drinks have caffiene it okay to have headaches for a week or two its just your body bouncing back from being tormented by the caffiene and chemicals. I bet you are going to feel so much less achy once you are taking care of yourself. Be patient with it it took a long time to ruin your self so allow time for the muscles to become pliable and happy basically. Id say once you pass thru the caffiene withdrawl from the sodas youll notice a big change. It took me two weeks to be honest. I did this two years ago myself. You will lose some weight too and your belly will less bloated. It really feels physically good. Maybe as a bonus go get yourself a juicer. Pinterest has great recipes.
  • Posted

You kinda sound like me in terms of the sore body and weird pain, I'm 28 and I don't think arthritis is something that should affect us at our age.

I've always been pretty active, I like running and generally working out. But since the start of this year anxiety has been with me like a shadow! I'm always tense even when I don't notice. But sometimes I feel totally ok so can anxiety still make us sore and feel pain even during times when we aren't experiencing actual panic/anxiety attacks?

• Posted

Sometimes, if a friend or family member manages to distract me, or if I am doing something, I don't feel any pain. There are times where it feels like if I don't pay attention to it, then it goes away or at least eases slightly. The issue is, I then become anxious that the pain isn't caused by anxiety, and is due to something else, which is a vicious circle.
  • Posted

Anxiety also really affects my eyes. I am 16 and I got my eyes checked because I started learning how to drive in October and everything came back fine.

But sometimes, my eyes go blurry and grainy, like there is something in my eye, but there is nothing in my eye...

Also, when I am panicked, my eyes start drying up and stinging like crazy... 

I don't know if that part has to do with anxiety, but that's something I am least worried about because I've been told my eyes are sensetive and they just need more taking care of..

Anxiety can do really weird things, I am surprised by it everytime smile

Good luck!

• Posted

My Eyes are light sensitive Ive had them checked everything is ok so it must be the anxietybiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.