a tad confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

hi everyone

i have been reading through the forums for the past week or so and i think it is such a huge help!! Got my Orlistat tablets today going to start tomorrow. im rather confused about so much at the moment though...

the one thing that keeps coming to mind is, is it up to 15g of fat per meal or day?? some i have read say per meal then i have read opthers that say per day maybe im just being silly ha :roll:

im sure i will be posting again and again bout things :D

Michele

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Welcome :D

It's up to 15g of fat per meal.

The thing im confused with is,if you dont eat 15g per meal do the tablets still work?

x

• Posted

sorry i mean if you eat less than 15g per meal...

x

• Posted

I would also like to know the answer to that question - do the tabs still work if you dont have as much as 15g of fat per meal?? I am only in the first week of taking the tablets and obviously I am after the best possible result and so would like to know if I'm going to be some what dissapointed! (I'm struggling to get near 15g of fat in most of my meals!!)
  • Posted

It appears that one has to eat up to 1,500 calories per day or your body goes into starvation mode and you don't lose weight.

It also appears that if you don't eat enough fat - say between 25-30gr per day the medication has nothing to work on so no weight loss again.

Having said all this everybody is different and it is a case of working it out for yourself.

It is very unfortunate that some Doctors know very little about how it works...mine said 'Don't eat fat' - also unfortunate that we don't have the information promised by the support group BEFORE we start so we are all floundering about in the dark somewhat for weeks on end. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the support from this group.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up