A Urolift update

Posted , 17 users are following.

Had my Urolift done about 2 months ago and I am peeing great!   Nice flow/stream and I feel like I am completely emptying out,  However, I have been doing followups with Doc every 2 weeks,  because even after a good pee and finishing out they do a bladder scan and I am still holding 400-430 CC,  and this is every time.   I feel empty and no problems at all.   Just wondering if anyone out there in Uroland  is experiencing the same thing?

Also I have been seeing PAE   and not sure what that is??

Thanks All!!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anthony I want the URO lift , my prostate measures 105g so I need to find a dr that will do it if u know of one please get back thanks and I'm glad to hear it's working for u , joe
    • Posted

Hello Joe,

If you are in the Central Calif. area I can refer a Dr. to you.

If you are not then you can go onto urolift .com and click on "find a dr. near you.    Even better would be to call the Urolift corporate office in Pleasanton Calif.    and ask to speak with Megan Burbick,   she is very pro active and can steer you in the absolute right directon!!    

Good Luck Joe!   it definately worked for me!

• Posted

I had the Urolift procedure yesterday after seven years of pure misery; no urinary control; no ability to start or stop a flow and, moreover, my bladder is literally the size of a football.  Two clarifications: (i)  the term "Urolift" should not be confused with an elevator in Europe and, (ii) use US football dimensions; not European.

The jury is still out, but nine hours after the procedure, I was able to start a flow, in a standing position no less, which has been impossible for some seven years.  I characterize the pain and discomfort as being minimal to mild.

I elected Urolift from a long string of treatment options after extensive research and reading multiple patient reviews in multiple forums, most particularly this one.  My health insurance here in The Colonies denied coverage of the procedure, citing that it is an experimental approach to treating an enlarged prostate / urinary dysfuction, so I got my checkbook out and paid for it out-of-pocket, the total cost being on the order of $10,000 USD including doctor and hospital fees and the like; a CT scan and blood work.

Thus far, it was $10,000 well spent and is just one more reason to love Brits over there in Mother Great Britain.

More to come as things develop...

Regards,

Monte

• Posted

Hi Anthony....any update on how you are doing at this point?  I may be a candidate for Urolift also.
    • Posted

Hey saw your post Had the urolift done a year ago.  Been great.  If you do have it done.  Have a catheter put in.( Not a fan of them but sometime we need them )  It will only be a couple of days and they put it in while your out.  Had no problem after it came out Surgery was on monday and by fri I was peeing great.  Take care  ken
  • Posted

In case it helps anyone else.  I'm seven months since Urolift and now sometimes able to sleep up to SIX HOURS at once at night.  Four hours at a time is common.  Up once or twice a night to pee rather than 20 times before the surgery.  The longer the healing the more sleep.  Time takes time.  Well worth it to get sleep and the much improved sleep time shows in my disposition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.