A Very Big Thankyou To You All For Your Help And Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time and trouble to respond to my posts about Gall Bladder Surgery and ME/CFS.

All of you who have been so kind and supportive and it has helped me so much both before and after my surgery!

I could not have imagined that people whom I have never even met would 

be so fantastic!

I live on my own and have been left to get on with things for many years with no help from a large family....I accepted this situation a long time ago!

But still it never ceases to amaze that people can be so willing to connect and share experiences for the benefit of others.

I am so very glad I joined this site, it has made such a difference to what has been a very difficult time for me!

So Thank you again everyone, your help has been truly appreciated!

Sunshinesmile

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

As the old adage goes, Sunshine, you can choose your friends....lol

Glad you were able to glean some comfort from this site.

• Posted

Hi designergirl

That saying is so true!

I am very fortunate to have met people once I became ill with M.E.

who have been really great!

But this forum has been a great help in many ways!

Thanks again for your kind wordssmile

• Posted

Hi Sunshine!  its good to have people who care, and like you, i have been and still am so grateful for the kind words and support i get from people on this site.  i'm sure you're as sunny in nature as your name suggests.  good luck for the future, and hope you make a full recovery soon.  keep smiling, and be happy.  Val.
    • Posted

Hi Valerie

Thank you for lovely message and kind words!

Today has been a good day!

Over the past couple of days I have been resting in the morning then pottering about in the afternoon!

My goal is to get to a Soul Music afternoon at the end of 

October...really looking forward to that!

Thats the key keep smiling and be happysmile

Thanks again Val and loads of good wishes to you also!

• Posted

Hello, I too have to have Gallbladder surgery in November and it has been a terrible year for me, this site has also helped me understand a bit more, I am afraid of the operation and what will happen after and now I have an infection on my teeth and have been told that I have to have some out on the front in a few months, it has been a bad year and also I lost my job which I do from home. Sometimes I don't get the support I want from my husband  and I have no children so sometimes I feel alone, have you had the operation now and how are you for it if you have, I am 59 and never had an operation before,I have allot of pains as well as I have fibromyalgia and with cutting out the fat in my diet to try to settle things before the operation has made it worse.  Stella

• Posted

Hi Stella

I am really sorry to hear you have been having a tough time.

I had my gall bladder removed 12days ago!

The surgery itself went well and I am grateful for the excellent

care I received from the nursing staff, the Surgeon, Anaesthetist

and Theatre Staff.

You will get chance to speak to the staff and tell them your concerns

the more information you can give them the more they can help you

especially about your fibro.

Taking pain medication regularly after the surgery is very important

so your body doesn't get stressed out!

Getting in and out of bed is difficult for about a week so I stayed in bed

most of the first week!  

Be prepared to do nothing for a couple of weeks, no bending down,

lifting, hoovering, just resting will make a big difference to your recovery!

I prepared a lot of homemade soup and bought in loads of fat free yoghurts for when I came home!

Hope everything goes well for you over the next few months and look

after yourselfsmile

• Posted

Hi Stellla!  You've certainly and still are going through the mill!  sorry your not getting the support from your husband, and its only natural that you feel so alone!  These past 2 years have been rough for me also, but have been so lucky that i have a wonderful husband who has supported me through these rough times!  don't forget, you've always got this site, and can share things with people who care.  hope things improve for you soon. if you get down, just post on this forum someone will always get back to you.  take care.  Val.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.