A very positive result!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just got home after seeing the Consultant who performed my posterior repair and a repair to my peremium. I'm 55yrs and had had a rectocele following the birth of my eldest daughter nearly 24 years ago. I'd put off having anything done as until about 2 years ago it wasn't giving me any serious problems also my job meant I would have to find cover for the time I would be unable to work. Anyway,took redundancy and had the op on the 8th of October. Apart from being a bit constipated on day 3 and a fresh bleed on day 14 or so (which stopped after 5 days) I've felt really well. No pain, no excessive tireness - in fact I had to remind myself I'd had surgery and not overdo it. Surgeon - Mr Allman in South Wales UK said that everything is really good down there! Said I can resume bedroom activities and start back with Yoga and gym (but avoid running and tummy crunches until 3 months has passed). I'm very happy.

This site has been invaluable and I shall contiue to follow it. Just wanted to pass on my experience.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Gwen, this is wonderful to hear and thank you for posting:-)))))  It's wonderful that you can just get on with the rest of your life now:-))))
  • Posted

Brilliant news Gwen,thank you for sharing just to show that there can be light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with the bedroom activities :D x
  • Posted

Wow this is great to read, I am having rectocele repair on Tuesday 8 December and have been panicking that I will be in bed for 2 weeks in pain !!  I am hoping mine goes as well as my husband is self employed and I do all the computer work.  Do you think I will be able to sit down and do at least 1 hour computer work every day after the surgery ?
    • Posted

I can't see why not Rita just listen to your body. A feeling of pressure in your vagina will let you know you need to lie down, thats the sign that I followed. I did make sure not to lift anything too heavy and made sure that I took lactulose twice a day - you really want to have soft poo! Hope all goes well for you too!
    • Posted

So good to see your post !

I had same done years ago when i was only about 27 I think .

Now 45 and like you put it off for too long .

Last couple of Years ive been very symptomatic and then my 27 year marriage broke down .prob not helped by my discomfort on the bedroom .

As Ive met a new gentleman I thought I ought to sort myself out !!

i can't imagine having a normal looking perineum ... Are you pleased seriously ?? My rectocele seems to make it look even worse .

Tmi Prob but mine is so gaping I get really sore and I'm hoping all that stops .

I can't imagine looking somewhat normal down there again and I'm so looking forward to that part .

Am a single parent now with a demanding job like you and your post was so good to read .

Hope you continue to recover well do take care x

• Posted

I am really pleased sandy! My rectocele really buldged down not helped by the fact that my perenium was gaping so much ( the stitches following daughters birth fell out and were not replaced and the area never fully closed). Surgeon told me yesterday that the gap was 2 cm which was repaired. Had no preblems with healing down there. I know we don't go around with a mirror down there but it all looks really "nice" now. Not tried intercourse yet but examination yesterday was painless  - I was a bit worried it might hurt but I'm quite relaxed about being examined so that helps.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.